Latest Press Saturday 16th January 2021
- Colour man: ‘There’s this’
- Spacing waterfall
- Covid-19: Protect unlawful charges – medics
- Uganda: Veteran Yoweri Museveni declared
- Danke Apartment: The ‘broken eggshell’ Chinese
- Covid: How worrying are UK, South Africa, Brazil coronavirus variants?
- Project 17: One girl’s Rwanda
- Martin Luther King Jr: New FBI
- Week pictures: 9-15 January 2021
- Global Covid reaches
- Johan ‘N0tail’ Sundstein: Inside world’s richest e-sports player’s
- Uganda raises questions Africa
- Smart locks: Convenience comes doubts
- Armin Laschet elected Merkel’s CDU
- China’s propaganda – Xinjiang
- Kuwait’s stateless alight
- Africa’s pictures: 8 – 14 January 2021
- Coronavirus vaccine: India begins world’s biggest
- German chancellor race: The men vying Merkel’s
- Has coronavirus made consumers?
- SLS: Nasa’s ‘megarocket’ engines
- US Capitol alert Biden’s inauguration
- Ethiopia’s Oromia conflict: Why was killed ‘execution-style’
- US Election 2020: What countries Joe Biden?
- Nepali climbers K2
- Young, Brazil
- Mount Semeru: Erupting volcano spews Indonesia’s Java
- Capitol riots: Police ‘medieval battle’
- Brexit: End Gibraltar prompts trepidation
- Villarejo: The Spanish state’s fixer
- Philippines: Anti-‘drug war’ charged sedition
- Mesut Ozil: Arsenal midfielder Fenerbahce
- Dustin Higgs: Final Trump is carried
- Thailand allows visitors quarantine
- Climate change: ‘Exceptionally hot’ 2020 concludes warmest
- Brighton winless Leeds
- Antonio gives West Ham lacklustre Burnley
- Biden inauguration: All 50 US states alert protests
- Dinosaurs In Love: Tom Rosenthal daughter’s made
- Tennis stars’ angers stranded Australians
- Rajini Chandy: The 69-year-old Indian trolled ‘too sexy’ photos
- WandaVision: Critics ‘delightful’ Disney+
- Protecting ecosystems lithium mining
- Hindu shrine desecration: Can Pakistan minorities?
- Covid: UK variant ‘rapid growth’ US cases, CDC warns
- Colourising photos rights
- ‘Sri Lanka exposed England’s weaknesses’ – Vaughan
- Nearly 50 players quarantine Melbourne rooms
- Trump’s Christian supporters Capitol
- Australia decisive Test India
Colour man: ‘There’s this’
For his birthday, McKinley Erves received glasses that enable him see colours more vibrantly.
From a fitness-obsessed sausage canine to other news in our weekly video round up: In Case You Missed It.
Covid-19: Protect unlawful charges – medics
Health groups say NHS staff fear prosecution over decisions if hospitals are overwhelmed.
Uganda: Veteran Yoweri Museveni declared
But his main rival Bobi Wine claims vote-rigging and vows to produce evidence.
Danke Apartment: The ‘broken eggshell’ Chinese
The Danke housing controversy has exposed the vulnerability of youthful workers in China’s cities.
Covid: How worrying are UK, South Africa, Brazil coronavirus variants?
Scientists have discovered a new mutated version of the virus from Brazil, in addition to the ones from the UK and South Africa.
Project 17: One girl’s Rwanda
Joyce, 17, explores progress towards the goal of thoroughly clean water for all in her country, Rwanda.
Martin Luther King Jr: New FBI
New documentary highlights extent of the FBI surveillance of the US civil rights leader.
Week pictures: 9-15 January 2021
A selection of striking images taken around the world this particular particular week.
Global Covid reaches
Key maps and charts explaining how the virus has spread around the world.
Johan ‘N0tail’ Sundstein: Inside world’s richest e-sports player’s
Johan “N0tail” Sundstein has earned more than $7.4m (£5.4m) in prize cash to date.
Uganda raises questions Africa
There will end up being increasing tension between the platforms and African governments, analysts say.
Smart locks: Convenience comes doubts
More people are using digital locks for their particular own houses, but how secure are they?
Armin Laschet elected Merkel’s CDU
Centrist Armin Laschet is now in a great position to succeed Angela Merkel as Germany’s chancellor.
China’s propaganda – Xinjiang
In addition to huge restrictions on journalists in the Xinjiang area, China alleges “fake news”.
Kuwait’s stateless alight
Hamad had descended into despair, one of a Kuwaiti community denied rights for generations.
Africa’s pictures: 8 – 14 January 2021
A selection of the week’s best photos from across the continent and beyond.
Coronavirus vaccine: India begins world’s biggest
Health and frontline workers are first in range for jabs at vaccination centres across the country.
German chancellor race: The men vying Merkel’s
Three candidates are challenging to lead Angela Merkel’s CDU, but the race may not end there.
Has coronavirus made consumers?
Studies show shoppers on both sides of the Atlantic are more ethically and environmentally minded.
SLS: Nasa’s ‘megarocket’ engines
The four main engines for Nasa’s brand new “megarocket” are to be fired in unison for the very first time.
US Capitol alert Biden’s inauguration
In the aftermath of final week’s Capitol riots, Washington DC is preparing with extreme security measures.
Ethiopia’s Oromia conflict: Why was killed ‘execution-style’
An increasing number of civilians are becoming victims of the conflict in Ethiopia’s Oromia region.
US Election 2020: What countries Joe Biden?
We speak to reporters in six global regions about hopes and expectations for the new US administration.
Nepali climbers K2
Till now, K2 was the only mountain higher than 8,000m not to be conquered in winter.
A BBC investigation uncovers who is the majority of at risk of lethal police violence in Brazil.
Mount Semeru: Erupting volcano spews Indonesia’s Java
Mount Semeru has erupted, pouring volcanic matter miles into the air and placing locals on alert.
Capitol riots: Police ‘medieval battle’
US police held back a mob for hours in a “barbaric” battle at the Capitol. Here are their own stories.
Brexit: End Gibraltar prompts trepidation
For residents on both sides of the border proper now correct now there are hopes of an end to queues, but not everyone is convinced.
Villarejo: The Spanish state’s fixer
An undercover policeman now facing trial amassed a hoard of Spanish state secrets.
Philippines: Anti-‘drug war’ charged sedition
A vocal anti-“drug war” Catholic priest in the Philippines is to stand trial on charges of sedition.
Mesut Ozil: Arsenal midfielder Fenerbahce
Mesut Ozil is near to agreeing a deal to end his Arsenal contract, paving the way for a move to Turkish club Fenerbahce.
Dustin Higgs: Final Trump is carried
The execution of Dustin Higgs, 48, is the 13th federal death sentence carried out generally there since July.
Thailand allows visitors quarantine
At six resorts, visitors will become able to play golf, instead than simply having to isolate in their particular own rooms.
Climate change: ‘Exceptionally hot’ 2020 concludes warmest
The years between 2011 and 2020 were the hottest on record, and 2020 was among the warmest of all.
Brighton winless Leeds
Brighton boost their particular particular hopes of Premier League survival as Neal Maupay’s winner against a lacklustre Leeds ends a run of nine games without a win.
Antonio gives West Ham lacklustre Burnley
Michail Antonio scores his very first goal since October as West Ham defeat a lacklustre Burnley at London Stadium.
Biden inauguration: All 50 US states alert protests
National Guard troops from across the country descend on Washington DC amid tightened security.
Dinosaurs In Love: Tom Rosenthal daughter’s made
Dinosaurs In Love went viral, musician Tom Rosenthal and his daughter Fenn were the ones at the rear of it.
Tennis stars’ angers stranded Australians
Players are flown in ahead of the Australian Open while thousands of citizens are waiting to return.
Rajini Chandy: The 69-year-old Indian trolled ‘too sexy’ photos
Rajini Chandy, a southern Indian actress, has raised hackles in a state where women still gown modestly.
WandaVision: Critics ‘delightful’ Disney+
The preliminary 2 episodes of the nine-part series from Disney+ were released on Friday.
Protecting ecosystems lithium mining
More lithium is needed to supply the electric car market, but can it become produced in a sustainable way?
Hindu shrine desecration: Can Pakistan minorities?
The destruction of a sacred shrine simply by a mob has left Pakistan’s Hindu minority feeling vulnerable.
Covid: UK variant ‘rapid growth’ US cases, CDC warns
Health officials warn the highly contagious UK Covid variant could become the dominant strain in the US by March.
Colourising photos rights
Jordan J Lloyd has added digital colour to black-and-white photos of Dr King and the civil rights movement.
‘Sri Lanka exposed England’s weaknesses’ – Vaughan
Sri Lanka exposed England’s weaknesses on the third day of the preliminary Test, says former key Michael Vaughan.
Nearly 50 players quarantine Melbourne rooms
Heather Watson is among 47 players who will stay confined to the their own hotel rooms after positive coronavirus cases on their own flights to the Australian Open.
Trump’s Christian supporters Capitol
Christian supporters of President Trump were among the thousands who descended on Washington.
Australia decisive Test India
Australia hold the advantage after a rain-affected 2nd day in the decisive fourth Test against India in Brisbane.