Latest Press Thursday 7th January 2021
- ‘Significant’ Covid-19 outbreak Aston Villa Liverpool FA Cup
- Lagos Third Mainland Bridge: Six months woe Nigeria
- Oxford rolled doctors England
- Capitol riots: Has US been attacked before?
- Coronavirus: Dutch shocked EU vaccination stragglers
- I don’t Sri Lanka tour, says England’s Bairstow
- How brothers – lions – terrorised Libyan
- Streets Beijing Covid
- Stuck Taiwan, Brit spearheads
- Palm cockatoo: Why ‘drumming’ is peril
- Capitol riots: How Trump turned
- Jimmy Carter: The Premier League’s British Asian
- Elon Musk’s secrets
- Wales Jones winning Six Nations – Ospreys Booth
- US Capitol riots: World leaders ‘horrifying’ scenes Washington
- Hong Kong law: Activists arrests worst fears
- Capitol riot: Five startling images siege
- UAE Qatar links ‘within week’ ends
- Capitol riots: Who broke building?
- Trump Capitol siege: What is 25th Amendment?
- ‘New York is dead, is support’
- Kamchatka: Frozen waterfall kills Russia’s
- Facial identifies wearing masks
- Capitol riots: World Trump ignite an ‘insurrection’
- Millionaire French kidnap
- Motor neurone disease: The losing voice, singing an
- Nine concussions, issues eclipsing Ponting – Pucovski’s Australia
- White Bengal tiger cub Nicaragua zoo
- Organ mum wishes children kidneys
- Facebook blocks Trump ‘until complete’
- The roots Trump’s ‘voter fraud’
- Capitol riots: Moment protesters US
- US 2020: The Trump won
- In pictures: Pro-Trump mob storms Capitol
- A tourist, Afghanistan?
- LVMH seals Tiffany takeover
- Capitol siege: An eyewitness House
- Covid: China places 11m lockdown outbreak
- Liverpool centre-back January, says Klopp
- Trump’s Twitter endgame: Is over?
- Capitol riots: Congress certifies Joe Biden’s chaotic scenes
- Owner Stroll wants titles renamed Aston Martin
- Central African Republic: A disputed
- Covid travel: Why Instagram is celebrities ‘on holiday’
- Rapper Pa Salieu wins BBC Sound 2021: ‘I voiceless’
- Biden picks US
- Neville is FA’s Team GB Tokyo Olympics – Campbell
- How Congress riots unfolded
- Elon Musk becomes world’s richest tops $185bn
‘Significant’ Covid-19 outbreak Aston Villa Liverpool FA Cup
Aston Villa confirm “a significant” coronavirus outbreak at the club on the eve of their FA Cup third-round link with Liverpool.
Lagos Third Mainland Bridge: Six months woe Nigeria
Commuters in Nigeria’s many populous city have been dealing with the partial closure of a busy link.
Oxford rolled doctors England
It comes amid concerns of hospitals being overwhelmed and delays in vaccine delivery.
Capitol riots: Has US been attacked before?
The heart of US democracy has seen violent scenes in the past – from bombs to attempts to burn it down.
Coronavirus: Dutch shocked EU vaccination stragglers
Caution and bureaucracy have made the Dutch last in the EU to start vaccinating against Covid-19.
I don’t Sri Lanka tour, says England’s Bairstow
England batsman Jonny Bairstow says “my game is within the best place it has been” as he prepares for the Test series in Sri Lanka.
How brothers – lions – terrorised Libyan
The Kani brothers presided over a reign of terror in the Libyan town of Tarhuna – now their own crimes are being revealed.
Streets Beijing Covid
The BBC asks people in Beijing whether they think their own particular economy’s recovered from the Covid pandemic.
Stuck Taiwan, Brit spearheads
Peter Lowe noticed the issue after getting stuck in Taiwan during the pandemic.
Palm cockatoo: Why ‘drumming’ is peril
The palm cockatoo is thought to become the only bird to use tools musically to attract a mate.
Capitol riots: How Trump turned
A ceremony meant to showcase a peaceful power transfer turns into a darkish day. Here are the key moments.
Jimmy Carter: The Premier League’s British Asian
Jimmy Carter was the preliminary British Asian to play in the Premier League, but almost nobody realised and 11 years passed before one more followed.
Elon Musk’s secrets
Six principles that have helped Elon Musk become the richest person on the planet.
Wales Jones winning Six Nations – Ospreys Booth
Wales captain Alun Wyn Jones is “making great progress” in his recovery from a knee injury ahead of the Six Nations, according to Ospreys coach Toby Booth.
US Capitol riots: World leaders ‘horrifying’ scenes Washington
Leaders from around the world call for peace and a peaceful transfer of power in Washington.
Hong Kong law: Activists arrests worst fears
Activists say their particular particular worst fears about the Beijing-imposed national security law have been confirmed.
Capitol riot: Five startling images siege
News photographers captured extraordinary scenes as Trump supporters stormed the building.
UAE Qatar links ‘within week’ ends
But the Gulf state warns that some issues with it is neighbour will consider a “longer time” to fix.
Capitol riots: Who broke building?
There’s speculation over who was involved in the protests and whether they belong to organised groups
Trump Capitol siege: What is 25th Amendment?
There are calls to remove US President Donald Trump from office, simply 13 days before his term ends.
‘New York is dead, is support’
Has the coronavirus pandemic hurt America’s fragile urban revival – or killed it?
Kamchatka: Frozen waterfall kills Russia’s
Three others are injured after ice falls from a waterfall at a popular tourist site in the far east.
Facial identifies wearing masks
NEC developed the system in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Capitol riots: World Trump ignite an ‘insurrection’
Events in Washington spark dismay and criticism of America’s politics and leader.
Millionaire French kidnap
Jacqueline Veyrac, 80, will give evidence in France over a botched attempt to kidnap her for ransom.
Motor neurone disease: The losing voice, singing an
Paul Jameson has motor neurone disease, but with the help of a professional baritone, is singing his own opera.
Nine concussions, issues eclipsing Ponting – Pucovski’s Australia
Will Pucovski impresses with 62 on long-awaited debut, having overcome nine concussions and mental health issues to reach the biggest stage.
White Bengal tiger cub Nicaragua zoo
The cub, named Nieves (Snow), is being raised simply by humans after it was rejected simply by it’s mother.
Organ mum wishes children kidneys
Sarah Bingham’s son and daughter have the exact same rare illness and she is a donor match up up for both.
Facebook blocks Trump ‘until complete’
Mark Zuckerberg says “the risks of allowing the president to continue… are simply too great”.
The roots Trump’s ‘voter fraud’
The groundwork for the president’s unsubstantiated claims was laid months ago.
Capitol riots: Moment protesters US
The US Capitol has gone into lockdown amid violent clashes between police and Trump supporters, who broke security lines and are inside the building.
US 2020: The Trump won
A distrust of the electoral process among Trump supporters could have implications for the nation.
In pictures: Pro-Trump mob storms Capitol
US lawmakers and staff are seen wearing protective gas masks as police draw guns on protesters.
A tourist, Afghanistan?
Conflict has made Afghanistan an unlikely tourist destination, but a blogger is bucking the trend.
LVMH seals Tiffany takeover
LVMH said it was installing brand new leadership at the US jeweller, including a son of it’s main executive.
Capitol siege: An eyewitness House
Jamie Stiehm was in the House of Representatives press gallery when protesters smashed at the door.
Covid: China places 11m lockdown outbreak
Residents of Shijiazhuang are banned from leaving and will end up being tested en masse after an outbreak there.
Liverpool centre-back January, says Klopp
Jurgen Klopp says it is unlikely Liverpool will sign a centre-back in January because of the economic issues arising from the pandemic.
Trump’s Twitter endgame: Is over?
It’s hard to see that Donald Trump now has a future on the social network.
Capitol riots: Congress certifies Joe Biden’s chaotic scenes
Lawmakers confirm Joe Biden’s victory hours after violent pro-Trump supporters stormed the Capitol.
Owner Stroll wants titles renamed Aston Martin
Owner Lawrence Stroll is setting his Aston Martin Formula 1 team the target of becoming world champions.
Central African Republic: A disputed
A strange coalition of previous enemies has joined forces to oust Central African Republic’s newly re-elected leader.
Covid travel: Why Instagram is celebrities ‘on holiday’
Despite rising infection rates and restrictions in the UK, a few celebrities have continued to travel.
Rapper Pa Salieu wins BBC Sound 2021: ‘I voiceless’
Songs about life on the “frontline” help him end up being named the many interesting talent for the coming year.
Biden picks US
Judge Merrick Garland, who Barack Obama nominated to the Supreme Court, will become the nation’s top lawman.
Neville is FA’s Team GB Tokyo Olympics – Campbell
England manager Phil Neville will lead Team GB at the Tokyo Olympics if he does not get the managerial vacancy at Major League Soccer part Inter Miami.
How Congress riots unfolded
Breakdown of exactly what happened when Trump supporters stormed the Capitol amid a key Senate vote.
Elon Musk becomes world’s richest tops $185bn
The Tesla and SpaceX owner replaces Jeff Bezos as the richest man on the planet.