Capitalize on the power of online press releases
As the name implies, a “press release” goes out to prominent and influential journalists with the expectation they will recognize the content’s news value and cover the story. The best-written press releases can run in print with very little editing or correction; and, during the heyday of print journalism, newspapers often used press releases to fill empty space.
Naturally, writers emphasize the significance of the event, product, or information they “release” to the press, and they observe the traditional rules of journalism, using “inverted pyramid” structures and strictly complying with the Associated Press style rules.
Online Press Releases
In the age of twenty-four hour cable news and instantaneous reporting via the internet, the old-fashioned press release has lost some of its currency. Although business owners have marshalled the internet’s power to promote their products and services, the majority of their web content either sensationalizes, exaggerates, or dummies-down their information. Would-be customers either cannot find reliable information, because search engines deliver far too many responses to their queries, or they lack sophisticated inquiry skills that would yield the information they desire.
Web-savvy marketers learned to optimize their web-content for search engines, so that “bots” in Google’s, Yahoo’s, and other search engines’ software easily could find the keywords in their posts. You still will see requests for search engine optimized content on freelance writing sites, but the search engine engineers have restructured and reset their algorithms to defy simple repetition of keywords as a tactic for moving up the search engines’ listings. Whereas writers still should try to repeat keywords in their online press releases as often as content supports the repetitions, they also should try to integrate synonyms and alternative expressions for their subjects.
Using the internet to publish a press release…
·Maximise your message – When you publish your skilfully-written press release on the most popular and reliable public relations websites, it reaches hundreds of thousands of readers in minutes. “PR Leak” ranks among the web’s top public relations sites, and it features direct links to Google News and other news streams, so that your press release goes to publishers, bloggers, , and members of your industry network. Many of them, in turn, will circulate or “back-link” to your press release.
·Improve your search engine rankings – User surveys indicate very few people looking at search engine results feel willing to click beyond the second or third page in the rankings. If your message does not appear among the top 100 listings on any of the most popular search engines, you have wasted your time and resources. “PR Leak,” however, rapidly advances your press release to the top of the listings, increasing your traffic. Every increase in traffic to your site, in turn, improves your search engine ranking.
Experts very strongly recommend you make your web-based press release as interactive and engaging as possible. All-text solutions generally fail. Make every effort to integrate still photographs with click-through links, so that, when users see what they want, they easily can click the picture and get the facts they need. Just as importantly, you must make every effort to show your product or service in action with video or 3D animation. Among the world’s leading internet marketing agencies, “users’ engagement” drives all of their strategies and tactics. If potential customers can use your product or service on the net, they are approximately fifteen times more likely to use it in real life.
·Complete coverage and reader profiling – Of course, you are the world’s leading expert on your business, and only you can showcase the advantages of your product or service. Using tools and services at PR Leak, you assure that you deliver exactly the right message in exactly the way you want your potential customers to understand it. More importantly, PR Leak helps you trace and track unique visits to your site, empowering you to develop lists of preferred customers, specialized promotions for frequent visitors, and personal messages for your most loyal site users.
Online press releases are essential to growing your business
You have ten serious and compelling reasons for promoting your business via online press releases…
1. Print is dead. More than 90% of upper- and middle-income professionals and tradespeople now receive all of their news via the internet. In other words, your preferred customers read online, not in print.
2. SEO increases your exposure. People who seek specific information via the internet use Google and Yahoo, both of which operate by complicated systems of search engine optimization. You carve-out your niche by specifying and stressing your specialty.
3. Your message gains urgency. Sending a press release instead of an advertisement, you emphasize the importance and immediacy of your message. You strongly suggest that this information commands attention right now.
4. You control the message. The more powerful your press release, the less reporters and editors will change your content. Many will run it or circulate it exactly as you wrote it.
5. You reach your target audience. Internet users will land at your statement because they inquired specifically about your product or service.
6. You build customers’ loyalty. Establishing yourself as the leading authority in your field, you gain readers’ respect. That respect is almost instantly convertible to loyalty if you use your analytic tools to personalize your contact with visitors to your site.
7. You may capitalize on analytic tools. Your analytic tools show you who visits your site, and the tools give you geographic and IP address information, so that you my tailor-make your communication with customers according to their interests and preferences.
8. You may build-in hyper-links. The more links you build-in, the more clicks you get.
9. Guaranteed transition to search engines. After your press release has appeared in the new, the content will move to search engine pages.
10. Potential for “feeds.” Loyal followers will set-up RSS feeds for the latest information from your site.
Write skillfully and professionally
Remember that the quality of your press release determines your company’s international reputation. The quality of your presentation can make you and your company appear as big as your dreams, or it can doom you to “strictly third-rate.” Ownership of a keyboard does not qualify you as a professional writer.
Sending-out a press release, you enter a fiercely competitive marketplace. In order to prove your professionalism, you must demonstrate the newsworthiness of your announcement, avoiding persuasive and promotional rhetoric while inspiring readers’ interest. If your product comes as the result of a scientific breakthrough, it makes news. If your product simply comes in a new package, your announcement is just more advertising. You must understand the critical distinction.
Thousands of companies distribute press releases every day, and you probably will discover your competitors flood the net with their propaganda as often as they can. Resist the temptation to jockey for search engine position by increasing repetitions of keywords. Instead, develop more precise and vividly descriptive keywords for your product or service, raising your rankings by attracting more specific inquiries. If you are trying to imprint your brand, stress it in your strategic use of key words. Just as importantly, develop hyperlinks for every use of your keywords.
Remember the fundamentals of journalism you learned in primary school: Your first paragraph clearly must show “the 5 W’s”—who, what, when, where, and why. A professional writer can showcase your news and all five W’s in just five words, three of which will be your keywords. When you can do that, you will have reached the epitome of search engine optimization.