Latest Press Monday 30th December 2019
- Monsey stabbing: NYC vows anti-Semitism ‘crisis’
- Sharon Stone calls dating app Bumble blocking account: 'Don't hive'
- Man swallows earrings jewellery theft
- Costa del Sol: Pool deaths closed, Spanish
- Train abandons was cancelled
- ‘We fans’
- Police stun times marking 70th
- Brady’s Patriots play-offs 10 seasons
- 'Husband' tops things
- Obama Trump America's 'most admired man'
- January preview: Chelsea, Arsenal Manchester United Everton plans
- 'He'll was witch hunt': Democrats Trump 'emboldened' survives impeachment
- Tokyo 2020 'emergency measures asbestos found' Olympic venue
- Autism diagnosis: ‘I 40 years back’
- CCTV shows Turkey
- South African cyclist 'unable I'll bike'
- Hunt Chinese 'vandalised' Europe Hong Kong protests
- Attacks children zones triple 2010
- Moscow brings fake New Year warmest December 1886
- I won't making resolutions – here's
- UK weather: The latest Met Office forecast
- 12 Indian novels needs
- Berlin shooting: Gunman opens
- Tennis 2019: A contrasts rising stars hardened veterans
- 15 malbec wines oenophiles
- The Grand Canyon has been blanketed looks
- January 2020: Who move?
- The Syrian cats
- Why Canada’s cannabis
- Five men arrested England 'terror plot'
- Medieval combat: A Chinese knight fights
- Margaret Court renews tirade LGBT+ claiming transgender are controlled 'by devil'
- The is abysmal women – 2020, I'm inequality
- NHS slash waiting targets 'desperate'
- ‘That’s I do, I win’ – Moyes West Ham
- Premier League is using VAR offside reviews, suggests Ifab
- Michael Bloomberg millions 2020 Trump
- China Twitter: The Chinese diplomacy went
- US stars Ashlyn Harris Ali Krieger footage
- Who was Christine Keeler? The BBC Profumo
- China jails ‘gene-edited babies’ years
- China jails years 'incitement subvert power'
- Giuliani 'held backchannel call' Venezuelan
- Fallon Sherrock 2020 Premier League Darts challenger
- Liverpool investigating Wolves Jonny Anfield
- VAR Premier League: The offside certainty is
- £10,000-worth Brighton seafront buildings copper stolen
- World's oldest seeks elected
- Star Wars co-writer reveals Kelly Marie Tran had 76 seconds screen-time Rise Skywalker
- How crowds toppled communism’s cards 1989
- Doctor accused murdering 25 patients fentanyl sues defamation
- US airstrikes al-Shabaab extremists kills 81 Somalia
- He Jiankui: Scientist edited babies' genes jailed years
- Cruise passengers refused refunds misses ports
- Edinburgh hotels: The places
- Actress Sharon Stone blocked dating app Bumble
- Antiques Roadshow drinks 180-year-old urine, rusty nails mistaking
- 'Slowest ping pong': Seven Dreamliners flown US delivered Qatar
- When Greta Thunberg met Sir David Attenborough
- David Moyes: New West Ham vows 'no choice'
- Tom Odell recalls taken 'severe' 'painful' breakup
- Erling Haaland rejected Manchester United Dortmund transfer, insists Mino Raiola
- Reclining parliament, melting sculptures staring contest: The wildest moments 2019
- Jojo Rabbit review: Taika Waititi's Nazi-era is daring,
- Freeview UK 'high pressure'
- 'Millions' calendars diaries printed May last-minute
- The images 2019
- UK forecast: 'Murky' skies New Year's Eve fireworks
- How puppetry
- US Taser teen’s relatives $12m
- More 27,000 petition demanding killed fox
- Cardiff City Joe Bennett reveals gruesome clashing Junior Hoilett
- Boris Johnson Labour –
- Rebecca Long Bailey was architects Corbynism's policies –
- New Year looms travellers strikes shortages
- Rhys Webb released Toulon Wales reignite
- Facebook Libra cryptocurrency has 'failed' form, Swiss says
- As robots Amazon's warehouses, are causing good?
- Ex-Labour MP campaigned Boris Johnson allowed
- Australia fires worsen hits 40C
- Moscow brings New Year
- Photo requests solitary confinement
- Elon Musk says Boring Company's Las Vegas 2020
- Netflix reveals films TV shows 2019, The Irishman Stranger Things
- Why Erling Braut Haaland rejected £70,000 Manchester United Borussia Dortmund
- India Birmingham 2022 boycott fears
- Cancer Romania
- Quiz: The Premier League 2010s
- UK weather: Hottest late-December mercury hits 16.8C Scotland
- Mixed-sex been 43 years New Year's Eve
- Walthamstow shooting: Two teenagers injured London
- KFC confirms vegan burger UK stores
- School caretaker hid is jailed
- US forced moustache South Koreans criticise 'disrespectful' facial
- Neil Innes death: Monty Python The Rutles dies aged 75
- Australia fires: Volunteer firefighter dies rolls winds
- New year's honours: Publication addresses 'complete disaster', says Iain Duncan Smith calls urgent
- Greta Thunberg was refusing years strike, reveals
- A murder: honour killings Russia's North Caucasus
- From out-of-date biscuits saveloys: Police worst time-wasting 999 calls
- 15 men's
- 'Radical rethink' grooming gangs needed, says NSPCC 19,000 children exploited
- Brexit happen, Remainers lessons Nigel Farage
- Striking photojournalism 2019
- Diver stabs 'threatened attack' wife: 'I poked times effect, needed stab'
- In pictures: From Novak Djokovic Serena Williams Stefanos Tsitsipas Coco Gauff – 2019
- New year's honours: Security fears counterterror officers addresses leaked
- New York stabbing: Rising fears antisemitism 13th Jewish 3 weeks
- Florence Pugh defends 21-year Zach Braff
- Paddy McGuinness mocks Peter Kay's tweet denouncing 'misleading' Channel 5
- Hydrogen-powered drones
- Iranian-backed Iraqi militia warns 'harsh reponse' US airstrikes
- 2019 was rights – are year's achievements
- Mikel Arteta wants Granit Xhaka Arsenal January Hertha Berlin
- Briton Cyprus
- Privacy fears Indian facial Modi
- Brexit: Boris Johnson U-turn refusal period, says EU
- British lying gang-raped Israeli teenagers Cyprus
- Australia fires: A bushfires
- Gamal Eid: Egypt rights ‘attacked doused men’
- Climate apathy blamed worst dengue outbreak 50 years kills scores Honduras
- Where 2020
- Hunting millions collapsed cryptocurrency
- Cancer burned
- Greta Thunberg’s father: ‘She is happy, I worry’
- Plane deploys evacuation slides
- Pope Francis says families phones times
- Sudan sentences 29 teacher’s
- Ready Steady Cook: BBC
- ‘Gardening gives peace’
- Labour leadership: Corbyn's Brexit contributed loss, says Clive Lewis
- January 2020: Best deals Amazon, Boots Currys
- Elite schools £1m says spent boys
- Marked officers
- VAR ‘should forensic’ – law-makers
Monsey stabbing: NYC vows anti-Semitism ‘crisis’
Bill de Blasio announces a series of measures following Saturday’s mass stabbing at a Jewish event.
Sharon Stone calls dating app Bumble blocking account: 'Don't hive'
Actor’s account was deleted after false reports it was a fake
Man swallows earrings jewellery theft
Suspect walked out there generally there of Hull store with loot worth more than £13,000
Costa del Sol: Pool deaths closed, Spanish
The deaths of Gabriel Diya and his 2 children were a freak accident, a spokesman says.
Train abandons was cancelled
John Martin, who can barely walk, was advised to get a tram across Manchester to connect between Leeds and Glasgow
How 2 friends created an online storytelling platform with more than 80 million global users.
Police stun times marking 70th
‘He just pushed his way in. Somehow or one more he grabbed my arm’
Brady’s Patriots play-offs 10 seasons
The New England Patriots will have to play in the wild card play-offs for the 1st time since 2009 after losing 27-24 at home to the Miami Dolphins.
'Husband' tops things
Other items included a rolling pin, air conditioning device and a zimmer frame
Obama Trump America's 'most admired man'
Teenage activist Greta Thunberg among many admired women
January preview: Chelsea, Arsenal Manchester United Everton plans
A look at which clubs may be set to splash the cash
'He'll was witch hunt': Democrats Trump 'emboldened' survives impeachment
Senior politicians warn against ‘rigged’ trial in favour of president in Republican-led Senate
Tokyo 2020 'emergency measures asbestos found' Olympic venue
This is the latest controversy to hit the Games following concerns over how the summertime time heat in Japan will affect athletes
Autism diagnosis: ‘I 40 years back’
People diagnosed with autism in adulthood describe growing up believing they were “bad” or “alien”.
CCTV shows Turkey
No-one has been reported injured after a tree fell on the street.
South African cyclist 'unable I'll bike'
‘I am still coming to terms with what happened,’ he says
Hunt Chinese 'vandalised' Europe Hong Kong protests
‘We have done a great thing today,’ says woman as video shows her throwing away Catholic combination. ‘Our motherland is great’
Attacks children zones triple 2010
Some 45 violations – including killings, maiming and sexual violence – carried away against youngsters every single day over final 10 years
Moscow brings fake New Year warmest December 1886
‘It’s not festive at all,’ locals complain
I won't making resolutions – here's
Change has restrictions, and those very first cold, wet days of the 12 months aren’t the time to attempt to end up being somebody else
UK weather: The latest Met Office forecast
Watch the latest UK climate conditions forecast from the Independent for today.
12 Indian novels needs
If you can’t vacation generally presently there, the next best thing is to delve into one of these
Berlin shooting: Gunman opens
Police say they have the situation below control
Tennis 2019: A contrasts rising stars hardened veterans
While the likes of Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic enjoyed continued success in all four Grand Slams, it was a various story in the women’s game
15 malbec wines oenophiles
From across Argentina and Chile, these are the bottles to indulge in
The Grand Canyon has been blanketed looks
The landmark has turned into a winter wonderland
January 2020: Who move?
With clubs likely to become on the hunt for a bargain or big-money signing, BBC Sport takes a look at players who could move in January.
The Syrian cats
The couple of remaining inhabitants of a bombed-out Syrian town take comfort from hundreds, perhaps thousands, of cats.
Why Canada’s cannabis
Justin Trudeau legalised cannabis in Canada. So why are people still breaking the law?
Five men arrested England 'terror plot'
Four suspects arrested in joint operation accused of preparing an action of terrorism
Medieval combat: A Chinese knight fights
A Chinese teacher with a passion for medieval combat hopes to consider his hobby to the next level.
Margaret Court renews tirade LGBT+ claiming transgender are controlled 'by devil'
Record-breaking tennis champion has been a vocal critic of gay rights and renewed her verbal attacks simply a month before she is honoured at the Australian Open for her 1970 calendar Grand Slam
The is abysmal women – 2020, I'm inequality
There’s a snobbery that comes along with the job that needs to quit. I am doing my part by creating a truly inclusive magazine, so no one will have to face the issues I did
NHS slash waiting targets 'desperate'
‘Many hospitals will struggle to meet the target’ before it is actually introduced, warns Royal College of Radiologists
‘That’s I do, I win’ – Moyes West Ham
New West Ham boss David Moyes says winning is “what he does”, and adds the club’s owners have shown “a lot of class” in bringing him back for a 2nd spell.
Premier League is using VAR offside reviews, suggests Ifab
Lukas Brud has insisted the use of the Video Assistant Referee ought to be reserved for ‘clear and obvious’ errors and not many replays for marginal decisions
Michael Bloomberg millions 2020 Trump
Effort will target seven key battlegrounds where US president has an edge
China Twitter: The Chinese diplomacy went
This season saw a marked changed in tone from China, as more diplomats started using Twitter.
US stars Ashlyn Harris Ali Krieger footage
Newlyweds describe wedding as ‘the many magical day’ of their own particular lives
Who was Christine Keeler? The BBC Profumo
Who was the woman at the heart of the Cold War scandal?
China jails ‘gene-edited babies’ years
He Jiankui said he altered the genes of a set of twins to try out to give them protection against HIV.
China jails years 'incitement subvert power'
Verdict makes ‘mockery of China’s supposed religious freedoms’, says Amnesty Internationl
Giuliani 'held backchannel call' Venezuelan
Giuliani was reportedly introduced at the start of the call but quiet during the conversation.
Fallon Sherrock 2020 Premier League Darts challenger
The 25-year-old became the very first woman to win a complement at the World Championship
Liverpool investigating Wolves Jonny Anfield
Spanish defender has been accused of being involved in an altercation with a ball boy during Sunday’s 1-0 defeat at Liverpool and could face retrospective action
VAR Premier League: The offside certainty is
The arrival of Video Assistant Referee technology was meant to settle arguments and make football a fairer sport but as the Bundesliga and now the Premier League has shown, technology is unearthing sins we didn’t understand existed
£10,000-worth Brighton seafront buildings copper stolen
The thieves stripped the Madeira Lift and nearby shelters of the materials, leaving all of them exposed
World's oldest seeks elected
Keith Tordoff looks to swap rhubarb and custards for crime and fire
Star Wars co-writer reveals Kelly Marie Tran had 76 seconds screen-time Rise Skywalker
‘The last thing we were doing was deliberately trying to sideline Rose’
How crowds toppled communism’s cards 1989
The BBC’s John Simpson recalls witnessing the communist bloc’s collapse in 3 revolutions.
Doctor accused murdering 25 patients fentanyl sues defamation
He is seeking $50,000 plus legal costs
US airstrikes al-Shabaab extremists kills 81 Somalia
American military says four terrorists killed in strikes on militant group
He Jiankui: Scientist edited babies' genes jailed years
Chinese authorities say Dr He ‘in seeking fame and wealth’ violated regulations and ‘crossed the bottom level level line’ of ethics
Cruise passengers refused refunds misses ports
Exclusive: Marella Discovery cannot go fast sufficient to reach all it’s originally planned ports of call
Edinburgh hotels: The places
Long-time Edinburgh resident Mike MacEacheran rounds up his favourite hotels
Actress Sharon Stone blocked dating app Bumble
Bumble told her it had received many reports that her profile was fake.
Antiques Roadshow drinks 180-year-old urine, rusty nails mistaking
Fiona Bruce furthermore revealed presently presently there was a petite cockle-like creature inside the mystery bottle
'Slowest ping pong': Seven Dreamliners flown US delivered Qatar
Each plane flew 16 times further than the immediate distance, and consumed around 150 tons of fuel
When Greta Thunberg met Sir David Attenborough
The teenage activist and veteran naturalist speak to every other for the 1st time (via Skype).
David Moyes: New West Ham vows 'no choice'
Reappointed Hammers boss was in confident mood as he faced the media for the preliminary time since returning to the London Stadium
Tom Odell recalls taken 'severe' 'painful' breakup
‘I completely collapsed in the shower,’ recalls singer
Erling Haaland rejected Manchester United Dortmund transfer, insists Mino Raiola
Haaland secured an £18m transfer to Borussia Dortmund over the weekend amid conflicting reports over why he did not end up at Old Trafford
Reclining parliament, melting sculptures staring contest: The wildest moments 2019
The brand new calendar yr has a lot to live up to after 12 months complete of strange episodes and an impressively rancorous election campaign
Jojo Rabbit review: Taika Waititi's Nazi-era is daring,
Keeping it’s route steady and it’s ambitions in check, it makes buffoons away of the fascists while lamenting how easily their particular beliefs can corrupt a nation
Freeview UK 'high pressure'
‘If you are affected please do not retune your TV,’ the television service said
'Millions' calendars diaries printed May last-minute
‘Don’t end up being caught out!’ Twitter user writes
The images 2019
With a few blockbuster space missions underway, 2019 saw a few amazing images beamed back to Earth.
UK forecast: 'Murky' skies New Year's Eve fireworks
Celebrations in the south of England may end up being affected simply by low cloud and fog, warns Met Office
After being trafficked for making love simply by her family as a kid, puppeteer Raven wants to show people healing is feasible through art.
US Taser teen’s relatives $12m
Damon Grimes was killed in Detroit when police fired a Taser after he allegedly failed to pull over.
More 27,000 petition demanding killed fox
Jolyon Maugham says he clubbed animal to death to protect chickens
Cardiff City Joe Bennett reveals gruesome clashing Junior Hoilett
Physios from both clubs came on to the pitch during a lengthy stoppage
Boris Johnson Labour –
After the 1983 debacle, Neil Kinnock begged the party not to forget what had happened in the election a few months before. The exact same advice stands now
Rebecca Long Bailey was architects Corbynism's policies –
Whoever becomes Labour’s brand brand new leader must see the possible of the industrial policies the Salford and Eccles MP has directed the way on
New Year looms travellers strikes shortages
In the UK and abroad, tens of thousands of air and rail passengers will see their particular journey disrupted or downgraded
Rhys Webb released Toulon Wales reignite
Former Wales scrum-half has been released from his Toulon contract a year earlier than planned and will move back to Wales at the end of the current season
Facebook Libra cryptocurrency has 'failed' form, Swiss says
Ueli Maurer’s comments add to growing scrutiny surrounding digital currency project
As robots Amazon's warehouses, are causing good?
Machines ‘creating brand brand new forms of stress’ and causing increasing injuries, experts say
Ex-Labour MP campaigned Boris Johnson allowed
Brexit-backing Gisela Stuart, who urged voters to embrace Conservatives to ‘heal the country’, says ‘They are still collecting my subs’
Australia fires worsen hits 40C
As the bushfires continue, mammoth blazes in Victoria are generating their particular own lightning.
Moscow brings New Year
Artificial snow is dumped in central Moscow so that snowboarders can still have their own fun.
Photo requests solitary confinement
Artists and everyday people send images of life outside prison to inmates in solitary confinement.
Elon Musk says Boring Company's Las Vegas 2020
‘If we don’t attempt out something brand brand new, we will be in traffic hell forever’
Netflix reveals films TV shows 2019, The Irishman Stranger Things
‘The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann’ tops UK list
Why Erling Braut Haaland rejected £70,000 Manchester United Borussia Dortmund
Premier League club were willing to offer Haaland 70 per cent more that Dortmund but the chance to stake a regular claim in the Champions League swayed the Norwegian teenager to the Bundesliga
India Birmingham 2022 boycott fears
Indian athletes will compete at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games after fears they could boycott the event.
The woman, who was having an operation for pancreatic cancer, died after suffering severe burns.
Quiz: The Premier League 2010s
Ten rounds, 126 feasible answers, one decade – consider on our monster quiz and relive a couple of Premier League memories…
UK weather: Hottest late-December mercury hits 16.8C Scotland
Scottish Highlands hotter than Cyprus at 3am with overnight high of 16.8C recorded in Cassley
Mixed-sex been 43 years New Year's Eve
Ann Chamings and John Eccles describe institution of marriage as ‘antiquated’
Walthamstow shooting: Two teenagers injured London
Seventeen-year-old boy fighting for life in hospital while 18-year-old man in stable condition
KFC confirms vegan burger UK stores
The KFC Vegan Burger launches nationwide on 2 January
School caretaker hid is jailed
Police discover 76 videos and almost 147,000 still images on device concealed in loo roll
US forced moustache South Koreans criticise 'disrespectful' facial
Critics have linked Harry Harris’ moustache to Japan’s brutal colonial rule, reports say
Neil Innes death: Monty Python The Rutles dies aged 75
Innes wrote music for many Monty Python albums
Australia fires: Volunteer firefighter dies rolls winds
Conditions are expected to worsen as temperatures soar and winds become stronger on New Year’s Eve
New year's honours: Publication addresses 'complete disaster', says Iain Duncan Smith calls urgent
Ex-civil service main says government could face legal action from over 1,000 recipients who had home addresses posted online
Greta Thunberg was refusing years strike, reveals
‘It was the ultimate nightmare for a parent,’ says Svante Thunberg
A murder: honour killings Russia's North Caucasus
Most of the time, an individual is not acting by yourself, but on the authority of an all-male ‘family council’, finds Oliver Carroll
From out-of-date biscuits saveloys: Police worst time-wasting 999 calls
One caller asks force for the time
You’ll never have an excuse not to get out presently generally there again
'Radical rethink' grooming gangs needed, says NSPCC 19,000 children exploited
Many groomed children do not realised they are being abused, warns charity
Brexit happen, Remainers lessons Nigel Farage
It may seem counter-intuitive, but the Brexit Party leader has waited to achieve his ambition. Remainers have lost the battle, but the war is not lost unless we figure out it is
Striking photojournalism 2019
A selection of the best news photographs from around the world in 2019.
Diver stabs 'threatened attack' wife: 'I poked times effect, needed stab'
‘This was no common fun sea lion,’ man says
In pictures: From Novak Djokovic Serena Williams Stefanos Tsitsipas Coco Gauff – 2019
We look back over the defining images from the past 12 months
New year's honours: Security fears counterterror officers addresses leaked
Analysis simply simply by The Independent shows spike in online searches for list of addresses
New York stabbing: Rising fears antisemitism 13th Jewish 3 weeks
Mayor pledges to end hate crime ‘crisis’ following stabbings at Hanukkah celebration
Florence Pugh defends 21-year Zach Braff
Little Women star and Scrubs actor have been dating since April
Paddy McGuinness mocks Peter Kay's tweet denouncing 'misleading' Channel 5
British comedian had no involvement in the one-off special
Hydrogen-powered drones have various advantages to lithium ion-powered ones, says Dr Enass Abo-Hamed.
Iranian-backed Iraqi militia warns 'harsh reponse' US airstrikes
Strikes were in retaliation to an attack on an airbase in northern Iraq that killed a US military contractor
2019 was rights – are year's achievements
We may end up being facing a huge battle, but attitudes are evolving, and the years ahead look promising too
Mikel Arteta wants Granit Xhaka Arsenal January Hertha Berlin
Midfielder’s agent has spoken of his desire to return to Germany but the brand brand new Arsenal manager wants him to remain with the struggling Premier League outfit
A British woman, 19, is found guilty over lying about being gang-raped in Ayia Napa, Cyprus, in July.
Privacy fears Indian facial Modi
Current technology used to identify missing children
Brexit: Boris Johnson U-turn refusal period, says EU
Trade commissioner Phil Hogan warns ‘have our cake and eat it’ rhetoric will become exposed as false once reality of negotiations bites in brand brand new year
British lying gang-raped Israeli teenagers Cyprus
‘Public mischief’ carries sentence of up to one calendar calendar year in prison
Australia fires: A bushfires
The range of the nation’s ongoing emergency is terrifying – here’s exactly what fire crews are facing.
Gamal Eid: Egypt rights ‘attacked doused men’
Gamal Eid says his attackers were trying to “silence” him for his criticism of individual rights abuses.
Climate apathy blamed worst dengue outbreak 50 years kills scores Honduras
Gangs have prevented public health teams from entering a couple of severely-afflicted neighbourhoods, worsening crisis
Where to keep away your own own bucket list next year
Hunting millions collapsed cryptocurrency
On the trail of almost half a billion dollars lost when the Wex exchange collapsed in 2018.
Female patient died on Sunday night after suffering 40 per cent burns after surgery blunder
Greta Thunberg’s father: ‘She is happy, I worry’
The activist’s father says he thought her skipping college to fight climate alter was a “bad idea”.
Plane deploys evacuation slides
Some passengers were pictured carrying hand luggage
Pope Francis says families phones times
Leader cited Jesus, Mary and Joseph as an example for families to follow
Sudan sentences 29 teacher’s
The death penalty is given to intelligence agents who tortured a detained protester to death.
Ready Steady Cook: BBC
Rebooted cookery show set to be one of the many sustainable food programmes
‘Gardening gives peace’
Joanna is an urban gardener trying to reconnect with nature in Singapore.
Labour leadership: Corbyn's Brexit contributed loss, says Clive Lewis
‘On the biggest political crisis of British modern politics we were unable, via Jeremy, to be able to consider a position’
January 2020: Best deals Amazon, Boots Currys
It’s one of the biggest bargain-finding months of the calendar calendar year – here’s how to get the top discounts
Elite schools £1m says spent boys
One says ‘discrimination on grounds of a boy’s colour’ is not ‘compatible with it’s values’
‘They require us to invest time writing a letter of appeal. Please hold calling 999 whilst we do that!’
VAR ‘should forensic’ – law-makers
Football’s rule-making body says the video assistant referee ought to not end up being “too forensic” over offsides – and ought to only end up being used to reverse “clear and obvious” errors.