Latest Press Wednesday 30th September 2020
- French Open 2020: Serena Williams withdraws
- From fields Sri Lanka
- The Meaning Of Mariah Carey: Six revelations singer’s memoir
- Pakistan ruined homes Bollywood greats Peshawar
- Presidential debate: Trump Biden’s claims fact-checked
- US 2020: A
- Great Barrier Reef: Uncovering secrets Australia’s waters
- Berlin patient: First cured HIV, Timothy Ray Brown, dies
- US 2020: Biden accuses Trump covering-up
- Taku Sekine: Top ‘takes life’ allegations
- Bairstow loses England Test
- Mac Davis: In The Ghetto songwriter dies aged 78
- Quino, creator Mafalda comic character, dies aged 88
- ‘England back’ – West Indies Simmons
- Parisians alarmed sonic warplane
- France announces ‘gradual’ animals circuses
- Hydrogen-powered makes UK maiden
- Presidential debate: ‘The loser is us, American people’
- Nigeria’s independence: Six images decades
- No ‘ladies gentlemen’ Japan Airlines flights
- Buried lakes discovered Mars
- ‘If music, aren’t fan’
- Covid-19: Milestones pandemic
- Trump-Biden: White supremacy flares chaotic
- Predict 2020: Will Trump Biden US election? You
- Ai Weiwei: ‘Too late’ curb China’s
- Why are Man Utd players?
- Coronavirus: Israel passes protests lockdown
- First Trump-Biden debate: Trump clashes moderator
- Chris Wallace: First Fox anchor unloved Trump
- Voicemail prison: How mum rebuilt
- Bertens leaves bad-tempered Errani
- Babri mosque: India acquits BJP leaders demolition
- Sergino Dest: Ajax right-back having Barcelona
- The hitched
- Armenia-Azerbaijan: What’s Nagorno-Karabakh conflict?
- Coronavirus: The Indians livelihoods
- Gabrielle Union: America’s Got Talent settles
- Presidential debate: How world’s reacted
- Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict: Azerbaijan vows
- Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict: Why Caucasus flare-up risks wider
- Venezuela crisis: Anger shortages triggers protests
- Russian cleaner sweeps
- Aaron Sorkin: ‘Right time’ Chicago riots
- Female Koran reciters ‘part Islamic legacy’
- Space woken leak
- East v West, Miami v LA, Butler v James – comes NBA Finals?
- Presidential debate: ‘Shut up, man’ insults interruptions
- Shell 9,000 jobs slumps
- Lincolnshire Wildlife Park: Swearing parrots removed
French Open 2020: Serena Williams withdraws
Three-time French Open champion Serena Williams withdraws from the 2020 event because of injury.
From fields Sri Lanka
Theresa is one of the 1st women from her community of tea pickers in Sri Lanka to go to university.
The Meaning Of Mariah Carey: Six revelations singer’s memoir
The star recalls her experiences with racism and domestic violence in a revealing and frank memoir.
Pakistan ruined homes Bollywood greats Peshawar
The houses belonged to the families of 2 stars of yesteryear, Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar.
Presidential debate: Trump Biden’s claims fact-checked
The very preliminary of 3 presidential debates centred on the pandemic, race and the economy.
US 2020: A
If you’re looking for a refresher or trying to understand it for the very 1st time, this guide will help.
Great Barrier Reef: Uncovering secrets Australia’s waters
Scientists explain how the biggest deep-sea study of 2 marine parks delivered to thrilling discoveries.
Berlin patient: First cured HIV, Timothy Ray Brown, dies
Mr Brown, known as the Berlin patient, was cured after a bone tissue marrow transplant to treat leukaemia.
US 2020: Biden accuses Trump covering-up
Joe Biden accused President Trump of lying about the issues around Covid-19 in the preliminary US election debate.
Taku Sekine: Top ‘takes life’ allegations
Taku Sekine is said to have fallen into depression after “false” sexual assault allegations.
Bairstow loses England Test
Wicketkeeper-batsman Jonny Bairstow is not offered an England central contract for Test cricket, though he retains a limited-overs deal.
Mac Davis: In The Ghetto songwriter dies aged 78
The US musician, who wrote dozens of hits in a five-decade career, died following heart surgery.
Quino, creator Mafalda comic character, dies aged 88
Cartoonist Joaquín Salvador Lavado, much much better known as Quino, has died in his native Argentina.
‘England back’ – West Indies Simmons
West Indies coach Phil Simmons hopes England will return the favour and tour the Caribbean in the near future.
Parisians alarmed sonic warplane
The huge noise startled Parisians after a battle jet was dispatched to intercept a commercial plane.
France announces ‘gradual’ animals circuses
The government also announces a ban on mink farms and on keeping killer whales in captivity.
Hydrogen-powered makes UK maiden
The Hydroflex made a 25-mile round-trip in Warwickshire, reaching speeds of up to 50 mph.
Presidential debate: ‘The loser is us, American people’
Voters from across the US weigh in with reaction to the preliminary Trump-Biden debate.
Nigeria’s independence: Six images decades
Africa’s many populous country is set to mark 60 years of independence from British rule.
No ‘ladies gentlemen’ Japan Airlines flights
The airline says it has committed to not discriminate based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
Buried lakes discovered Mars
The underground lakes were detected in the Red Planet’s south polar region.
‘If music, aren’t fan’
The music industry is trying to clamp down on the latest form of music piracy known as stream-ripping.
Covid-19: Milestones pandemic
We track many of the key moments in the spread of Covid-19 around the world.
Trump-Biden: White supremacy flares chaotic
The far-right Proud Boys celebrate as President Trump fails to condemn all of them in the election debate.
Predict 2020: Will Trump Biden US election? You
Play our game to predict whether Donald Trump or Joe Biden will earn the key states at the election.
Ai Weiwei: ‘Too late’ curb China’s
The Chinese artist and dissident says the West need to have worried about China decades ago.
Why are Man Utd players?
With Gary Neville weighing in on the situation, Simon Stone looks at why Manchester United are finding it so hard to sign new players.
Coronavirus: Israel passes protests lockdown
Critics say the move is intended to stifle demonstrations against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
First Trump-Biden debate: Trump clashes moderator
President Donald Trump clashes with moderator Chris Wallace.
Chris Wallace: First Fox anchor unloved Trump
Chris Wallace, known for his hard interviewing of all politicians, hosts the preliminary US presidential debate.
Voicemail prison: How mum rebuilt
A voicemail app makes it easier to speak to family members in prison, as one younger woman found when her mum was jailed.
Bertens leaves bad-tempered Errani
Fifth seed Kiki Bertens leaves the court in a wheelchair after a gruelling and bad-tempered earn over Sara Errani in the French Open.
Babri mosque: India acquits BJP leaders demolition
Former Deputy PM LK Advani, 92, was among those charged over the 1992 destruction of the Babri mosque
Sergino Dest: Ajax right-back having Barcelona
Ajax right-back Sergino Dest is having a medical at Barcelona before a reported 20m euros (£18m) move.
Former Scottish rugby player Dean Nicholson met a lifelong friend as he cycled around the world.
Armenia-Azerbaijan: What’s Nagorno-Karabakh conflict?
A disputed territory lies at the heart of this particular particular conflict, which dates back to the Soviet Union.
Coronavirus: The Indians livelihoods
As Covid hits India, many disabled people are losing their own own jobs and can not afford food and healthcare.
Gabrielle Union: America’s Got Talent settles
Gabrielle Union said the show had a toxic work environment and that she was sacked for speaking out.
Presidential debate: How world’s reacted
“Childish”, “gruelling” and an “unwatchable fever dream” – how the world saw Tuesday’s debate.
Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict: Azerbaijan vows
President Ilham Aliyev vows to keep fighting in an upsurge of the conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh.
Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict: Why Caucasus flare-up risks wider
If fierce fighting between Armenian and Azerbaijani troops persists, outside forces may get involved.
Venezuela crisis: Anger shortages triggers protests
Venezuelans tired of queuing for days for petrol have taken to the streets in dozens of states.
Russian cleaner sweeps
‘Flabbergasted’ Marina Udgodskaya only entered the race as her boss needed someone else to stand.
Aaron Sorkin: ‘Right time’ Chicago riots
Screenwriter and director Aaron Sorkin speaks to the BBC’s Will Gompertz about his new project.
Female Koran reciters ‘part Islamic legacy’
How female Muslim Koran reciters are making their particular voices heard.
Space woken leak
Ground controllers say the leak is coming from a Russian module on the International Space Station.
East v West, Miami v LA, Butler v James – comes NBA Finals?
As the Los Angeles Lakers prepare to meet the Miami Heat, BBC Sport takes a look at the storylines behind the Finals and speaks to those inside the NBA bubble at the Disney World Resort in Florida.
Presidential debate: ‘Shut up, man’ insults interruptions
Donald Trump and Joe Biden didn’t hold back in an angry presidential debate that got individual and ugly.
Shell 9,000 jobs slumps
The move comes five months after it cut it’s dividend for the 1st time since World War Two.
Lincolnshire Wildlife Park: Swearing parrots removed
Although parrots are well known for mimicking bad language, these are “more sweary than most”.