Latest Press Saturday 2nd May 2020
- Coronavirus: Spain allows adults weeks
- Driver rammed battered windscreen is jailed
- Megan Rapinoe vows US Women's thrown
- New Yorkers cannot evicted paying June, says Cuomo
- Coronavirus: Some US centres reopen sanitiser-dispensing doormen distancing
- Coronavirus: Eurostar passengers told faces
- Coronavirus: How touchscreens self-checkouts
- Remote hearings putting women traumatic situations 'which unjust disadvantage'
- Kim Jong-un: Where has North Korean been weeks?
- Government boosts survivors coronavirus lockdown
- Coronavirus spreads Belarus denies pandemic exists
- Boris Johnson Carrie Symonds Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas
- Remdesivir approved US authorities coronavirus
- Coronavirus missed overnight: Death rates deprived areas, Ireland unveils lockdown
- 'Saddest seen': Experts mourn plunges
- Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas: The Carrie' Symonds Boris Johnson's son's
- Coronavirus neighbourhood: Covid-19 deaths UK charted
- Coronavirus: British Grand Prix 'not given', says Silverstone
- Neutral venues needed Premier League
- Thank donations – it's NHS doctors nurses kindness
- Watching 'Normal People' made I felt
- Coronavirus: UK doctors trialling plasma survivors
- Coronavirus: Dustin Brown says feels 'surreal' returned
- Coronavirus map: Which countries has to?
- Roma Chris Smalling Manchester United
- Coronavirus: A toast cancelled
- Quiz Week: On UFOs, lockdown loosening
- Coronavirus: Why groggy lockdown?
- Elon Musk tweet wipes $14bn Tesla’s
- Jason Roy relaxed fears cricket coronavirus
- ‘All I wanted was her’ – ex-Canada keeper having self-isolate
- Sam Lloyd death: Scrubs members, led Zach Braff, tribute co-star
- Kayleigh McEnany promises White House
- NHS workers are soldiers – coronavirus is been prepared
- Sweden's epidemiologist 'not convinced' country's relaxed coronavirus is
- Don't runway, says Heathrow
- Coronavirus: Cologne infections questions Bundesliga restart
- Gogglebox divides viewers stars mock Boris Johnson coronavirus
- Puerto Rico earthquake: 5.5 tremor damages buildings
- Coronavirus: Timelapse London creating NHS mural
- EU pledges coronavirus
- Coronavirus: France gets 'green, zones' lockdown easing
- Coronavirus: Lockdown deserted Australian Island
- Canada navy crash: Five presumed
- Sony ridiculed chosen Spider-Man films MCU
- Car drives uses batter windscreen Newcastle centre
- Week pictures: 25 April – 1 May 2020
- Hafthor Julius Bjornsson: Game Thrones deadlifts
- Met Gala challenge: How celebrities recreating event's outfits
- Coronavirus brings barriers Europe, dividing families communities
- Fauci blocked testifying House Trump
- Commuters asked leaving ministers relaxing 'two metre rule'
- Coronavirus: Can I is an antibody test?
- Coronavirus testing: Government accused 'misleading public' figures
- Kim Jong-un appears public, North Korean
- UK agreed EU Belfast backtracked
- JK Rowling donates £1m Battle Hogwarts
- Coronavirus: Trump is selling coronavirus coins claims fact-checked
- Houston crash: Police dies smashes
- Bayer Leverkusen sporting ‘confident’ Bundesliga May
- British Airways: closing Gatwick solves Heathrow
- AI Africa: Teaching bot mum’s texts
- Coronavirus doctor: ‘I crying passes away’
- Care homes coronavirus graveyards – is blame?
- Lockdown protesters flock California thousands
- Kapoor was cinema’s ‘forever youthful’ heartthrob
- Islamic State militants Iraqis ‘fierce clashes’
- Coronavirus: Can latex gloves catching virus?
- Matt Hancock's reckless
- Coronavirus: Why are Belgium
- Is idea?
- Coronavirus lockdown has been battle, says Liverpool Dejan Lovren
- What are supermarkets allowed sell?
- UK weather: Sunny spells scattered showers
- Trump's vows podium briefing, making misleading claims
- China destroyed coronavirus, says
- Avengers: Every Marvel superhero ranked
- Sam Lloyd death: Scrubs played Ted Buckland dies, aged 56
- Airports: checking becomes tougher checking
- Trumplomacy: What’s US China?
- Coronavirus: How airlines again?
- Boris Johnson Carrie Symonds Wilfred tribute 'doctors saved PM's life'
- England West Indies hopeful cricket prepares lockdown
- 5.9-magnitude tremor hits Greek
- Coronavirus: Gulshan Ewing’s adds
- US Women’s dismissed
- Coronavirus: South Africans jog
- Sir Bill Beaumont fights Agustin Pichot reelection World Rugby
- How Joe Wicks' hugely PE
- ‘Tumbleweed tornado’ hits US
- Shannon Courtenay: From smoking, & partying world-title dreams
- Lawyer dressed Grim Reaper stalks Florida beaches reopening
- The Valentine’s Day
- Coronavirus R0: What is R does matter?
- More 60% Britons going lockdown ends, finds
- Gordon Ramsay leaves neighbours furious ignoring coronavirus lockdown rules: 'He's time'
- Coronavirus: Charlotte takes turns
- As EU leaders, coronavirus
- Coronavirus: What is Covid-19 flu?
- Coronavirus: Why are symptoms Covid-19?
- Small businesses lockdown helped
- 'If tells they're using ball': When coronavirus end?
- Beaumont beats Pichot is re-elected World Rugby
- Coronavirus: Best games Zoom, Houseparty FaceTime chats
- Victoria Beckham celebrates David's throwback 1990s
- Epstein had Harvard University visited conviction, finds
- How America's richest zip is handling coronavirus
- It's Matt Hancock undermined heroic massaging figures
- Keanu Reeves fans longer is playing John Wick Matrix
- Coronavirus tips: Should paracetamol ibuprofen symptoms?
- A breakthrough approaches
- Coronavirus: Can masks catching virus?
- Coronavirus: UK rises 621 28,131
- Elon Musk says is 'selling possessions' Tesla is latest bizarre Twitter spree
- Joe Wicks praises NHS admitted injured
- Tips reopen England lockdown began
- Coronavirus South Korea: How lives changed
- Coronavirus – updates: UK rises 28,131 boosts survivors
- Coronavirus: US authorises anti-viral Remdesivir
- Coronavirus: Virtual Animal Crossing
- Coronavirus: Every Premier League wants 2019/20 season, says Karren Brady
- Coronavirus: Coping lockdown broadband
- Hay coronavirus: How allergies Covid-19 symptoms
- Coronavirus: Bolsonaro justifies ignoring WHO encourages children masturbate
- Coronavirus: When UK lockdown an end?
- UK weather: The latest Met Office forecast
- How The Assistant exposes Hollywood’s
- Coronavirus: How I help?
- Two teenagers arrested NHS died coronavirus-related
- Harrison Ford: The ups downs
- Michael Palin says was saved neighbour accidentally
- I can't friends – I'm lockdown ends
- Coronavirus Ghana: Online funerals, masks elections rallies
- Malaysia migrant raids ‘to Covid-19 spread’
- Coronavirus: Immigration detention centres
- Nordic Islands seen ‘surreal light’
- Coronavirus: US missed chances Covid-19, admits
- Ultra-Orthodox trans: ‘I prayed God girl’
- Coronavirus: The home-schooling 10 North Korean boys
- Coronavirus: Inside Spain’s
- Avengers: Every Marvel superhero ranked
- Elon Musk tweet 'too high' sees Tesla plummet $14bn
- Ireland sets roadmap 'new normal' easing lockdown 2020
- Kim Jong-un North Korea rumour
- Bruce Springsteen 24-hour DJ
- Sopranos Bad Boys Joe Pantoliano suffers 'severe injury'
- Coronavirus: President Trump’s claims fact-checked
- Coronavirus maps charts: Tracking outbreak
- My Money: ‘With side, I today’
- Rome's seagulls rats pigeons lockdown starves scraps
- Gods masks: India’s artists Covid-19
- Coronavirus pandemic: Tracking outbreak
- Coronavirus: Spain makes masks compulsory
- In pictures: May Day protests
Coronavirus: Spain allows adults weeks
‘I have been looking forward to this particular for weeks,’ says one runner
Driver rammed battered windscreen is jailed
‘Walmsley’s actions were dangerous, reckless and place the lives of innocent people who were enjoying their particular evening at risk’
Megan Rapinoe vows US Women's thrown
Rapinoe has been a leading voice in the fight against US Soccer, which suffered a huge strike on Friday
New Yorkers cannot evicted paying June, says Cuomo
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has said that no one in the state can become evicted for non-payment of rent through June.
Coronavirus: Some US centres reopen sanitiser-dispensing doormen distancing
More than half of America’s governors relax restrictions put in place to stem spread of coronavirus
Coronavirus: Eurostar passengers told faces
Those travelling simply by train to the Continent may end up being denied boarding if they do not comply with the rule.
Coronavirus: How touchscreens self-checkouts
Should you wipe down the screen or simply avoid using them?
Remote hearings putting women traumatic situations 'which unjust disadvantage'
‘It is causing a nightmare for women and mothers. It is isolating and distressing,’ says campaigner
Kim Jong-un: Where has North Korean been weeks?
Leader makes initial public appearance since 11 April, amid rumours of avoiding coronavirus
Government boosts survivors coronavirus lockdown
Rough sleepers will furthermore be focus of brand brand new taskforce as minister pledges help for the majority of vulnerable
Coronavirus spreads Belarus denies pandemic exists
Alexander Lukashenko has pushed back on recommendations from the World Health Organisation – and his own health ministry – for social distancing and business closures
Boris Johnson Carrie Symonds Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas
Carrie Symonds says she “couldn’t be happier” with their infant boy Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson.
Remdesivir approved US authorities coronavirus
Clinical trial data shows drug reduces duration of hospital stays in Covid-19 patients simply by 31 per cent
Coronavirus missed overnight: Death rates deprived areas, Ireland unveils lockdown
Covid-19 has now infected more than 3.3 million people worldwide, with an estimated 240,000 deaths recorded
'Saddest seen': Experts mourn plunges
Promises from central banks to help economy through coronavirus suggest investors are predicting quick recovery
Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas: The Carrie' Symonds Boris Johnson's son's
Couple’s preliminary child with every other was born on 29 April 2020
Coronavirus neighbourhood: Covid-19 deaths UK charted
Top 10 hardest hit places are all in London
Coronavirus: British Grand Prix 'not given', says Silverstone
Any races will need government approval, with countries in various stages of lockdown with restrictions on movement and mass events
Neutral venues needed Premier League
Neutral venues will be the only way to complete the 2019-20 season, Premier League clubs are told during a video conference on Friday.
Thank donations – it's NHS doctors nurses kindness
Help the Hungry: Healthcare workers are the many noticeable group in need of support during this particular crisis, but I worry that it is all too easy to ignore those who are suffering the most
Watching 'Normal People' made I felt
It’s wonderful that the producers have chosen to place a kind of intimacy on screen we’ve all experienced but rarely talked about
Coronavirus: UK doctors trialling plasma survivors
Recovered patient’s antibodies would be transfused into new sufferer in bid to boost their immune system
Coronavirus: Dustin Brown says feels 'surreal' returned
Brown, who famously beat Rafa Nadal at Wimbledon in 2015, is the highest-profile player in the eight-man field at the event being held at the Base Tennis centre near Koblenz
Coronavirus map: Which countries has to?
Track the spread of the Covid-19 with our map
Roma Chris Smalling Manchester United
Smalling was allowed to maintain on a year-long loan at the start of the season
Coronavirus: A toast cancelled
Today was going to be my huge day until Covid-19 intervened. But that won’t quit me delivering my speech.
Quiz Week: On UFOs, lockdown loosening
How closely have you been paying attention to what’s been going on during the past seven days?
Coronavirus: Why groggy lockdown?
‘Most of us will end up being feeling a degree of anxiety and it is likely to affect the quality and duration of our sleep,’ psychiatrist says
Elon Musk tweet wipes $14bn Tesla’s
The tweet was one of a few bizarre postings, including a promise to sell his possessions.
Jason Roy relaxed fears cricket coronavirus
For all the reassurances from the ECB and Professional Cricketers’ Association, presently generally there remains an inherent fear among cricketers in England and Wales that extends far beyond this particular particular summer
‘All I wanted was her’ – ex-Canada keeper having self-isolate
Karina LeBlanc was forced to self-isolate from her newborn daughter and explains the “joy” she felt when she got to hold her again
Sam Lloyd death: Scrubs members, led Zach Braff, tribute co-star
‘He made me crack up and break character every single time we did a scene together’
Kayleigh McEnany promises White House
At the 1st White House press briefing in over a calendar year, the latest incumbent made a strong impression.
NHS workers are soldiers – coronavirus is been prepared
Calling the pandemic a battle helps politicians to nudge the public into considering the deaths of NHS workers on the ‘frontline’ are acceptable and inevitable losses
Sweden's epidemiologist 'not convinced' country's relaxed coronavirus is
Expert says country is prepared to ‘be humble’ and modify course if necessary
Don't runway, says Heathrow
‘Do I believe that the UK would benefit from private investors putting £14 billion of their particular own own money into the UK in the next few years? Absolutely,’ says John Holland-Kaye
Coronavirus: Cologne infections questions Bundesliga restart
With the Bundesliga battling to convince the government that the season need to restart in May, and with daily infection figures dropping, Cologne announced the positive tests on Friday
Gogglebox divides viewers stars mock Boris Johnson coronavirus
‘Why so a lot anti-Boris clips in a time when the country need to end up being united?’
Puerto Rico earthquake: 5.5 tremor damages buildings
The tremor struck earlier on Saturday, rattling the city of Ponce, and damaging a few buildings. There are no immediate reports of casualties
Coronavirus: Timelapse London creating NHS mural
Watch the timelapse of artist Lionel Stanhope creating his artwork below London’s Waterloo Bridge.
EU pledges coronavirus
EU states will be joined by Norway in filling the immediate global funding shortfall estimated by the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board
Coronavirus: France gets 'green, zones' lockdown easing
Measures could become lifted as soon as 11 May
Coronavirus: Lockdown deserted Australian Island
How one Australian couple ended up isolated in paradise on Fraser Island.
Canada navy crash: Five presumed
A Nato helicopter crashed away from a Greek tropical isle, and the sixth crew member’s body has been found.
Sony ridiculed chosen Spider-Man films MCU
‘It sounds like an STD,’ one confused film fan wrote
Car drives uses batter windscreen Newcastle centre
‘This kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable and will not end up being tolerated’
Week pictures: 25 April – 1 May 2020
A selection of news photographs taken around the world this particular particular week.
Hafthor Julius Bjornsson: Game Thrones deadlifts
He lifted 2 pounds more than previous world record holder to earn the feat
Met Gala challenge: How celebrities recreating event's outfits
‘The time has come for the challenge to end all fashion challenges’, says Billy Porter
Coronavirus brings barriers Europe, dividing families communities
In southern German border town of Konstanz, Swiss-German couples hugged and kissed across border barrier they could no longer mix after it was closed in mid-March
Fauci blocked testifying House Trump
He has walked great collection in delivering scientific information to the public that at times has contradicted president’s statements
Commuters asked leaving ministers relaxing 'two metre rule'
Roadmap to relieve lockdown measures will end up being announced on Thursday simply by the prime minister
Coronavirus: Can I is an antibody test?
Matt Hancock recently announced all over 65s with symptoms will become offered coronavirus tests
Coronavirus testing: Government accused 'misleading public' figures
Health Secretary told he is undermining trust in the government’s response
Kim Jong-un appears public, North Korean
The reported appearance comes amid speculation over the North Korean leader’s health.
UK agreed EU Belfast backtracked
Government now rejecting EU oversight of implementing Northern Ireland agreement
JK Rowling donates £1m Battle Hogwarts
‘It feels inappropriate to speak about fictional deaths today,” author wrote
Coronavirus: Trump is selling coronavirus coins claims fact-checked
Fact-checking claims about coronavirus coins, a Nobel Prize winner’s fake quote and a bot network exposed.
Houston crash: Police dies smashes
Pilot in critical condition following 2am incident
Bayer Leverkusen sporting ‘confident’ Bundesliga May
Bayer Leverkusen are confident the Bundesliga will resume in May, says the club’s sporting director Simon Rolfes.
British Airways: closing Gatwick solves Heathrow
The Man Who Pays His Way: will happen to the Sussex airport?
AI Africa: Teaching bot mum’s texts
How African researchers are using the continent’s languages to help spur innovation in Artificial Intelligence.
Coronavirus doctor: ‘I crying passes away’
Dr Harmandeep Singh is a consultant at Ealing Hospital in London, and has had Covid-19 himself.
Care homes coronavirus graveyards – is blame?
Older people in care homes generate up at least a sixth of the complete coronavirus-related fatalities in the UK. How did we get here?
Lockdown protesters flock California thousands
Aerial footage shows densely-packed crowds with little-to-no adherence to social distancing rules advised simply simply by health authorities
Kapoor was cinema’s ‘forever youthful’ heartthrob
The Bollywood actor, who has died aged 67, was one of Indian cinema’s the majority of enduring stars.
Islamic State militants Iraqis ‘fierce clashes’
The country’s prime minister-designate vows to pursue those responsible for the ten deaths.
Coronavirus: Can latex gloves catching virus?
WHO says the best way to prevent spread is to wash your own own hands frequently with alcohol gel or soap and water
Matt Hancock's reckless
Send your own letters to email@example.com
Coronavirus: Why are Belgium
Belgium believes it is high Covid-19 mortality rate is down to more rigorous counting of cases.
BBC News examines allegations that the coronavirus was accidentally released from a lab.
Coronavirus lockdown has been battle, says Liverpool Dejan Lovren
All 20 clubs held a conference call on Friday in which they looked at plans for a resumption of training later in May followed by a probable return to competitive action in June
What are supermarkets allowed sell?
Confusion mounts as police start patrolling ‘non-essential aisles’ in supermarkets
UK weather: Sunny spells scattered showers
Temperatures are to fall at the start of next week before rising again on Wednesday
Trump's vows podium briefing, making misleading claims
President sees federal aid as ‘negotiating point’ with ‘sanctuary cities’ that he opposes, Kayleigh McEnany says
China destroyed coronavirus, says
Leaked document reportedly states that human-to-human transmission was not confirmed by Beijing until 20 January despite evidence of it in December
Avengers: Every Marvel superhero ranked
The definitive ranking
Sam Lloyd death: Scrubs played Ted Buckland dies, aged 56
Sitcom star was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour final year
Airports: checking becomes tougher checking
Plane Talk: People in this particular particular country have plainly had sufficient of experts
Trumplomacy: What’s US China?
Tensions between US and China are longstanding but the virus and a US election have amplified the battle of words.
Coronavirus: How airlines again?
When passenger planes start flying again, the world of air travelling will end up being very different.
Boris Johnson Carrie Symonds Wilfred tribute 'doctors saved PM's life'
Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson’s preliminary two names nod to both grandfathers
England West Indies hopeful cricket prepares lockdown
West Indies were due to play in a three-match series starting on 4 June. However, the coronavirus pandemic meant the ECB had to suspend all professional cricket until 1 July
5.9-magnitude tremor hits Greek
Seismology centre says earthquake struck at relatively shallow depth
Coronavirus: Gulshan Ewing’s adds
Gulshan Ewing rubbed shoulders with Hollywood legends, interviewing and partying with them.
US Women’s dismissed
The US women’s football team’s bid for equal pay is dismissed by a court, with the judge rejecting the players’ claims that they were underpaid.
Coronavirus: South Africans jog
South Africans get to the streets and beachfronts as lockdown restrictions are slightly eased.
Sir Bill Beaumont fights Agustin Pichot reelection World Rugby
Beaumont won a slim 28-23 majority in the vote ahead of his vice-chairman Pichot, who will end up being replaced simply by Frenchman Bernard Laporte
How Joe Wicks' hugely PE
Bestselling author and YouTuber hosts daily workouts to encourage physical fitness during lockdown
‘Tumbleweed tornado’ hits US
An eerily wonderful dust devil flings picking up hundreds of tumbleweeds in Washington state.
Shannon Courtenay: From smoking, & partying world-title dreams
Shannon Courtenay tells BBC Sport how she went from smoking, drinking and partying to world-title ambitions simply five years after taking up boxing.
Lawyer dressed Grim Reaper stalks Florida beaches reopening
Daniel Uhlfelder thinks restrictions have been lifted too early
The Valentine’s Day
Why were 29 snakes left in pillowcases in a Sunderland dustbin the day before and the day after Valentine’s Day?
Coronavirus R0: What is R does matter?
Experts maintain discussing the value of R, but exactly what is it and why does it matter?
More 60% Britons going lockdown ends, finds
‘These numbers suggest that it will get a few time for parts of the British economy to return to any kind of semblance of normality,’ says pollster
Gordon Ramsay leaves neighbours furious ignoring coronavirus lockdown rules: 'He's time'
TV chef is said to have been seen ‘multiple times in various places’
Coronavirus: Charlotte takes turns
Four photos taken by the Duchess of Cambridge show the princess helping deliver food in Norfolk.
As EU leaders, coronavirus
None of us is immune to the pandemic and none of us can beat the virus only. In our interconnected world, the global health system is as strong as it is weakest part, so we will need to protect every other to protect ourselves
Coronavirus: What is Covid-19 flu?
Covid-19 shares many of the exact same symptoms as the cool and flu but is far more deadly, health officials say
Coronavirus: Why are symptoms Covid-19?
Health minister Nadine Dorries said she lost sense of taste and smell as a result of the coronavirus
Small businesses lockdown helped
Government moves to address flaws in emergency Small Business Grant Fund exposed simply by The Independent
'If tells they're using ball': When coronavirus end?
Boris Johnson has told over 70s and those with underlying health conditions to self-isolate for 12 weeks, but will coronavirus very end up being over simply by then? Sophie Gallagher asks the experts
Beaumont beats Pichot is re-elected World Rugby
Former England captain Sir Bill Beaumont is re-elected as World Rugby chairman for an additional four years as he beats Agustin Pichot.
Coronavirus: Best games Zoom, Houseparty FaceTime chats
Some innovative ways to have fun with your friends and family while you are apart
Victoria Beckham celebrates David's throwback 1990s
Image shows couple walking their own particular pet dogs Snoop and Puffy
Epstein had Harvard University visited conviction, finds
Epstein’s near up association with influential scholars burnished his reputation, giving him credibility also after 2008 guilty plea
How America's richest zip is handling coronavirus
The private tropical isle in Miami has secured antibody tests for all residents and staff
It's Matt Hancock undermined heroic massaging figures
The health secretary has been attacked for including home testing kits to meet it’s 100,000 target. A bit of humility may have saved him, but that’s not Hancock’s style
Keanu Reeves fans longer is playing John Wick Matrix
Many thought films could serve as 2 parts of the exact same story
Coronavirus tips: Should paracetamol ibuprofen symptoms?
The French health minister warned against people with Covid-19 taking ibuprofen
A breakthrough approaches
Scientists are functioning on better solar cells that will turn more of the sun’s rays into electricity.
Coronavirus: Can masks catching virus?
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon recommended people do so in Scotland when at the shops or on public transport
Coronavirus: UK rises 621 28,131
Government says UK is past peak of virus
Elon Musk says is 'selling possessions' Tesla is latest bizarre Twitter spree
Company’s valuation plunged in wake of posts
Joe Wicks praises NHS admitted injured
Fitness guru likened pain to ‘liquid hot magma’
Tips reopen England lockdown began
Research shows that fly-tipping has been increasing since centres were closed due to coronavirus
Coronavirus South Korea: How lives changed
Images from South Korea, which was once a virus hotspot but on Wednesday had zero brand brand new local cases.
Coronavirus – updates: UK rises 28,131 boosts survivors
Follow the latest updates
Coronavirus: US authorises anti-viral Remdesivir
The Food and Drug Administration authorises emergency use of the experimental anti-viral drug.
Coronavirus: Virtual Animal Crossing
A couple in whose ceremony was cancelled invite friends and family to watch all of them connect up the knot on screen.
Coronavirus: Every Premier League wants 2019/20 season, says Karren Brady
Clubs were presented with the league’s ‘Project Restart’ plans at a meeting on Friday and were told the remaining 92 matches of the 2019-20 season must end up being played at neutral venues
Coronavirus: Coping lockdown broadband
Slow wi-fi below lockdown and how to speed it up.
Hay coronavirus: How allergies Covid-19 symptoms
Sunny spells may cause havoc for people with hay fever
Coronavirus: Bolsonaro justifies ignoring WHO encourages children masturbate
Brazil’s far-right president posts bizarre message on Facebook as country emerges as Latin America’s Covid-19 epicentre
Coronavirus: When UK lockdown an end?
‘Nobody’s got any kind of real idea what best strategy to use,’ says epidemiology professor
UK weather: The latest Met Office forecast
Watch the latest UK weather conditions forecast from the Independent for today.
How The Assistant exposes Hollywood’s
The movie which has roots in the exposure of power and abuse in the film industry after #MeToo.
Coronavirus: How I help?
Giving blood, writing a diary, or reading a story to your own friends’ children are simply a few of the options.
Two teenagers arrested NHS died coronavirus-related
Police believe 24-year-old man was murdered in ‘totally unprovoked attack’
Harrison Ford: The ups downs
The Star Wars and Indiana Jones actor is a keen aviator but it has been a bumpy ride.
Michael Palin says was saved neighbour accidentally
Monty Python star was recovering from open-heart surgery when he says incident took place
I can't friends – I'm lockdown ends
Given that many people believe the British government imposed lockdown too late, how can we become sure they’ll get the strategy for lifting restrictions right?
Coronavirus Ghana: Online funerals, masks elections rallies
Ghana is well known for it’s elaborate funerals and rowdy election campaigns so coronavirus is changing everything.
Malaysia migrant raids ‘to Covid-19 spread’
Police in protective suits detained hundreds of undocumented people in Kuala Lumpur.
Coronavirus: Immigration detention centres
There are Covid-19 outbreaks in supply-strapped detention centres across the US.
Nordic Islands seen ‘surreal light’
The breathtaking landscapes of Iceland, Greenland, Norway and the Faroe Islands.
Coronavirus: US missed chances Covid-19, admits
‘I believe the timing of our vacation alerts need to have been earlier,’ CDC’s Dr Anne Schuchat says
Ultra-Orthodox trans: ‘I prayed God girl’
Growing up as a Hasidic Jew, Abby Stein had no idea trans people existed – she just felt sure she was a girl.
Coronavirus: The home-schooling 10 North Korean boys
As millions of parents grapple with the challenge of home-schooling, one has a very difficult task.
Coronavirus: Inside Spain’s
With 16,000 care home deaths linked to coronavirus, families want to understand exactly what went wrong.
Avengers: Every Marvel superhero ranked
The definitive ranking
Elon Musk tweet 'too high' sees Tesla plummet $14bn
Founder sees $3bn knocked away his own stake following outburst
Ireland sets roadmap 'new normal' easing lockdown 2020
Leo Varadkar says restrictions to be lifted in five phases from 18 May
Kim Jong-un North Korea rumour
Kim Jong-un is not dead, but that won’t quit the rumour mill in future. Here is how it works.
Bruce Springsteen 24-hour DJ
That’s your weekend sorted
Sopranos Bad Boys Joe Pantoliano suffers 'severe injury'
Actor was struck by vehicle during family walk
Coronavirus: President Trump’s claims fact-checked
President Trump has made a number of claims about coronavirus testing in the US – is he right?
Coronavirus maps charts: Tracking outbreak
Following data through maps and graphs can help public understand how spread of Covid-19 will impact their own daily lives and influence government responses, Dr Joshua Moon says
My Money: ‘With side, I today’
As part of a BBC blog series, Leena Yousefi in Canada talks us through one week during the coronavirus pandemic.
Rome's seagulls rats pigeons lockdown starves scraps
‘They are catching mostly pigeons but furthermore swallows and black birds… Luckily they are furthermore eating rats,’ says zoologist
Gods masks: India’s artists Covid-19
India’s folk artists are producing art promoting hygiene and social distancing in lockdown.
Coronavirus pandemic: Tracking outbreak
Key maps and charts explaining how the respiratory virus has spread around the world and how it is being dealt with.
Coronavirus: Spain makes masks compulsory
The measure comes as the country starts to relax it’s rigid coronavirus lockdown.
In pictures: May Day protests
Despite pandemic-related restrictions on daily life, some people are taking part in demonstrations.