Latest Press Tuesday 31st December 2019
- Carlos Ghosn stunned Nissan ex-boss flees Japan Lebanon
- Syd Mead: ‘Pivotal’ Blade Runner dies
- Marc Veyrat, chef, loses removed Michelin
- It is UK acting
- Euro 2020 fixtures: Full schedule, groups, dates, kick-off times venues
- Moscow brings New Year
- Elon Musk says Boring Company's Las Vegas 2020
- Corbyn ridiculed ex-Labour ministers claiming 'resistance Boris Johnson'
- The Syrian cats
- 10 tweezers pluck brows precision
- Carlos Ghosn: Ousted Nissan flees Lebanon 'rigged Japanese system'
- Autism diagnosis: ‘I 40 years back’
- Shuri Castle: Appeal images ‘rebuild’ burned
- Football Manager 2020 wonderkids: Best players FM20 teams
- Brady’s Patriots play-offs 10 seasons
- Man has five-inch 'dragon horn' removed
- Road cycling 2019: Julian Alaphilippe lights Tour de France rising stars
- Migrant arrivals six-fold 2019 UK paid France £6m
- Kevin Smith claims was shocking ending Joker
- 10 foods 2020, apples
- Senior Trump deletes tweet Hannukah attacker
- Australia wildfires: Fire overrun bushfire flames
- 10 women's wallets passport boarding passes
- West Virginia cadets fired Nazi salute
- F1 TV crashes 8.6m viewers Sky Sports
- Instagram 2019: How photos
- Sharapova Brisbane injury-hit 2019
- Former Premier League referee Madley reveals sacking appearing mock
- Michelin doesn't was stripped stars, rules
- The Independent's Women Decade, Greta Thunberg Serena Williams
- Amy Schumer reveals stopped breastfeeding son: 'This is me'
- 2019 news: The end-of-the-year awards
- New year's resolutions wallet
- Biggest vegan launches 2019, KFC 'Imposter' burger Greggs sausage rolls
- UK weather: The latest Met Office forecast
- Trump impeachment: New calls witnesses 'explosive' Ukraine
- Gerwyn Price hits Peter Wright clash World Darts Championship semi-final
- Liverpool news: Adam Lallana calls Premier League leaders 'take gas'
- Trump says China signed days gruelling
- 12 volumizing products bouncy locks
- Mexico rivers turning 'slow-motion Chernobyl' stands idle
- Celebrity deaths 2019, Neil Innes Andrew Dunbar
- Minimum rise: Boris Johnson criticised bosses 'biggest ever'
- China internet: Top talking points 2019 evaded censors
- Model Iskra Lawrence opens
- 12 vegan cookbooks dairy 2020
- US Baghdad embassy attacked protesters strikes
- Why is Bolivia expelling diplomats?
- Facebook is 'the cigarettes society', says tech CEO
- TikTok app banned US Army phones
- Russia-Poland WW2 escalates
- Girl, 10, dies ambulance Nottinghamshire
- Trump sets signing US-China ‘deal’
- Doctor Strange 2: Benedict Cumberbatch joined characters Marvel sequel
- Earthshot Prize: William Kate ‘repair Earth’
- 'Of makes worry': UK's youngest MP Nadia Whittome Parliament
- The Homeless Fund: Big Issue Londoners kindness moving New Year's
- What links 2019’s protests?
- Cricket 2019: How World Cup, Ashes game's enclaves
- Parents bizarre advert seeking nanny 18-year-old
- The definitive UK airports named
- Best last-minute deals January, Italy Sri Lanka
- Solskjaer Man Utd options
- January 2020: Who move?
- 19 films 2020, Antebellum Marvel's The Eternals
- When Greta Thunberg met Sir David Attenborough
- Fashion trends defined decade, millennial normcore streetwear revival
- Trump impeachment has 'greatly increased' chances president's re-election, says Democrats' Gabbard
- Kim Jong-un North Korea's 'new path' weapons New Year
- Man City & Newcastle – Premier League goals
- In Christine Keeler
- How pets New Year's Eve fireworks
- The St Petersburg vegans
- The antisemitic rising slime is Corbynism – is nationalism
- Granit Xhaka agrees Hertha Berlin £25m Arsenal – Mikel Arteta has
- 10 coats pooch walks
- 5 ways 2020
- Aberdeen guide: Where eat, drink, Granite City
- Trump impeachment: Giuliani seeks documents
- Scrap ‘quick-fix diets tea-toxes’ New Year
- The 50 dresses ranked, Villanelle's tutu Kate Middleton's
- WhatsApp is millions phones
- Mallacoota: Where Australia’s bushfires turned
- Cats Universal $71m losses disastrous
- January 2020: Best deals Amazon, Boots Currys
- Commuting dolphins farther ever, experts
- Tech 2019: Our biggest stories
- There was women – 2020 has
- Auld Lang Syne lyrics: All words New Year's Eve rings 2020
- Joe Biden nominate Obama Supreme Court 'if he'd it'
- Civil partnerships: Mixed-sex told children 'illegitimate'
- The 10 cities 2020
- Police admits faking viral McDonald's 'f****** pig'
- UK weather: Met Office records hottest December
- Parked spins clips Toronto
- The 10 winning projects Evening Standard Home Design Awards
- The Witcher mocked Game Thrones Ed Sheeran cameo
- Angola orders seizure Isabel dos Santos’ assets
- Nearly 30 struck outbreak Chinese
- TikTok banned US Army 'security risks' soldiers
- How wildfires?
- ‘Man Moon’ – year’s breakthroughs
- Over years EU – here's UK has Brexit
- Star Wars: The Rise Skywalker JJ Abrams explains Kylo Ren
- Police 'quilt' made cardboard signs confiscated beggars
- Civil partnerships: First mixed-sex unions taking
- ‘I stole Navy’
- New Year's Eve: London revellers warned River Thames fireworks
- Australia fires: The thousands volunteers flames
- 10 quotes women defined decade, Greta Thunberg Tarana Burke
- Baghdad embassy attack: Iraqi protesters US gunshots
- Australia fires: Military deployed
- Eddie Murphy says jokes 'cringe'
- Inter Milan prepared £25m Chelsea full-back Emerson
- Decade ends Thameslink trains London
- New Orleans ranked long-haul
- Prince William unveils multi-million
- Sydney defends New Year’s fireworks protests
- Picasso £20m attacked Tate Modern
- State schools £1.2m boys rejection schools
- Man has five-inch ‘horn’ removed
- Citizenship Act protests: Why has gripped Muslims Indian
- Oxford don forced wins
- Danielle Outlaw: Philadelphia appoints
- London Eye 20: The changed capital’s skyline
- Civil partnerships: What are are marriage?
- Cyprus defends courts Briton's
- Alex Jones ordered $100,000 Sandy Hook defamation
- ‘We fans’
- New crashes Sicily
- Australia NZ fireworks
- Australia wildfires: 'Truly terrifying' shows bushfire envelops firefighters
- BBC draws complaints Tory supporters Labour
- Oxford forced 70th wins ageism
- Streatham stabbing: Mother pushing buggy attacked 'silent' assailant London
- CCTV shows Turkey
- Tolerance isn't – divided
- Australia fires: A bushfires
- Rare shows puffin using – an itch
- New Year's Eve 2019 – live: Revellers London decade, Sydney fireworks prompts fury wildfires
- Africa’s pictures 2019
- Australia wildfires: Thousands beaches rises
- Trump impeachment: The differences president's
- Greta Thunberg says 'wouldn't wasted time' speaking Trump
- I've been Vegetarian – here's I've learnt
- Snoop Dogg shares throwback Tupac Shakur rapper died
- The footballer, Saudi prince proposition
- Golf 2019: Tiger Woods' iconic Masters casts glorious
Carlos Ghosn stunned Nissan ex-boss flees Japan Lebanon
It is unclear how the ex-Nissan boss, who was awaiting trial, managed to flee to Lebanon.
Syd Mead: ‘Pivotal’ Blade Runner dies
The artist and designer was praised for his “singular capability to visualise the future”.
Marc Veyrat, chef, loses removed Michelin
Marc Veyrat said he had been “disgraced”; Michelin called him a “narcissistic diva”.
It is UK acting
Send your own own letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Euro 2020 fixtures: Full schedule, groups, dates, kick-off times venues
The tournament will become the very preliminary European Championships to become played across the entire continent, using 12 various venues from Dublin to Baku, beginning on 12 June in Rome and culminating on 12 July in London
Moscow brings New Year
Artificial snow is dumped in central Moscow so that snowboarders can still have their own fun.
Elon Musk says Boring Company's Las Vegas 2020
‘If we do not try something brand brand new, we will be in traffic hell forever’
Corbyn ridiculed ex-Labour ministers claiming 'resistance Boris Johnson'
Defeated leader’s message that it has been ‘quite the year’ backfires, prompting taunt that 1912 was ‘quite a year’ for Titanic
The Syrian cats
The couple of remaining inhabitants of a bombed-out Syrian town get comfort from hundreds, perhaps thousands, of cats.
10 tweezers pluck brows precision
Sharpen your own look with one of these tried and tested products
Carlos Ghosn: Ousted Nissan flees Lebanon 'rigged Japanese system'
High-profile businessman reportedly smuggled away of home where he was under house arrest in a Gregorian band’s musical instrument case
Autism diagnosis: ‘I 40 years back’
People diagnosed with autism in adulthood describe growing up believing they were “bad” or “alien”.
Shuri Castle: Appeal images ‘rebuild’ burned
The plan hopes to generate a virtual 3D version of Japan’s Shuri Castle, which was destroyed by fire.
Football Manager 2020 wonderkids: Best players FM20 teams
Our list of FM20 wonderkids includes gems for teams of every feasible starting budget
Brady’s Patriots play-offs 10 seasons
The New England Patriots will have to play in the wild card play-offs for the very first time since 2009 after losing 27-24 at home to the Miami Dolphins.
Man has five-inch 'dragon horn' removed
‘Enormous’ tumour had been growing for three years before it was excised simply simply by surgeons
Road cycling 2019: Julian Alaphilippe lights Tour de France rising stars
Egan Bernal ultimately clinched the yellow jersey to sum up a theme across road cycling’s year: young talent producing extraordinary performances
Migrant arrivals six-fold 2019 UK paid France £6m
Home Office ‘assessing effectiveness’ of policy after 1,800 men, women and children arrive in small craft
Kevin Smith claims was shocking ending Joker
Filmmaker said a friend with knowledge of the movie told him about the alternative scene
10 foods 2020, apples
The foods that will depart you feeling correct as rain in the brand new year
Senior Trump deletes tweet Hannukah attacker
A bipartisan bill was signed in 1986 simply simply by then-President Reagan granting legal status to undocumented immigrants who entered the country before 1982, including one of the suspect’s parents
Australia wildfires: Fire overrun bushfire flames
Firefighters in New South Wales get shelter in their truck as it is surrounded by flames.
10 women's wallets passport boarding passes
Keep important documents secure in a chic carrier
West Virginia cadets fired Nazi salute
All the West Virginia cadets pictured making the gesture at a training session have been fired.
F1 TV crashes 8.6m viewers Sky Sports
Exclusive: Move to show all but one race live on pay-for TV channel Sky Sports F1 has triggered a huge fall in audience numbers in the UK
Instagram 2019: How photos
It’s very easy if you know how
Sharapova Brisbane injury-hit 2019
Russia’s Maria Sharapova will compete at the Brisbane International after receiving a wildcard.
Former Premier League referee Madley reveals sacking appearing mock
Former Premier League referee Bobby Madley says he was sacked after filming a video in which he appears to mock a disabled person.
Michelin doesn't was stripped stars, rules
Marc Veyrat’s French Alps restaurant had it’s third star removed simply simply by the guide
The Independent's Women Decade, Greta Thunberg Serena Williams
These are the influential women who have had a global impact over the past 10 years in politics, sport, law, culture and society, says Sabrina Barr
Amy Schumer reveals stopped breastfeeding son: 'This is me'
Comedian welcomed her very very first child, Gene Attell, in May 2019
2019 news: The end-of-the-year awards
From the ridiculous to the more ridiculous, the weird stories that caught the eye this particular particular year.
New year's resolutions wallet
However a lot you have or don’t have heading into January, here are the pledges that could produce all the difference in 2020
Biggest vegan launches 2019, KFC 'Imposter' burger Greggs sausage rolls
Popularity in plant-based diets is on the rise
UK weather: The latest Met Office forecast
Watch the latest UK weather conditions forecast from the Independent for today.
Trump impeachment: New calls witnesses 'explosive' Ukraine
‘Simply place, in our fight to have key documents and witnesses in a Senate impeachment trial, these brand new revelations are a game changer,’ says Chuck Schumer
Gerwyn Price hits Peter Wright clash World Darts Championship semi-final
Wright taunted Price after winning the initial set because of to their own own pre-match exchange of words and the pair refused to shake every other’s hand following ‘Snakebite’s’ 6-3 victory
Liverpool news: Adam Lallana calls Premier League leaders 'take gas'
The Merseyside club are on 55 points with 19 games left to play, 13 points clear of second-placed Leicester City and 14 ahead of defending champions Manchester City
Trump says China signed days gruelling
The president has spent more than a calendar yr trying to negotiate the deal, and will likely present it as a signature achievement in an election year
12 volumizing products bouncy locks
Don’t fall victim to lifeless, lacklustre and flat tresses this particular particular season with these sprays, powders and lotions
Mexico rivers turning 'slow-motion Chernobyl' stands idle
15-year effort to thoroughly thoroughly clean rivers marred by legal loopholes and severe lack of funding
Celebrity deaths 2019, Neil Innes Andrew Dunbar
We remember a few of the notable figures from the arts world who have died in the past year
Minimum rise: Boris Johnson criticised bosses 'biggest ever'
Wage floor will rise to £8.72 an hr for over-25s – a hike of 51p, or 6.2 per cent – from next April
China internet: Top talking points 2019 evaded censors
From rebellious numbers to state-backed trends, China’s internet was a noisy place in 2019.
Model Iskra Lawrence opens
‘I feel sexier than ever’
12 vegan cookbooks dairy 2020
Veganuary becomes bigger every season, but it needn’t be simply for Janaury as these cookbooks make it easy and accessible
US Baghdad embassy attacked protesters strikes
President Trump says Iran orchestrated the attack, in which a crowd got into a reception area.
Why is Bolivia expelling diplomats?
It is ejecting one ambassador and various other officials following a dramatic confrontation.
Facebook is 'the cigarettes society', says tech CEO
Salesforce boss Marc Benioff says tech giant is ‘addictive, not good for you and after your own own kids’
TikTok app banned US Army phones
The move comes after the Chinese-owned app sparked US national security concerns.
Russia-Poland WW2 escalates
Russia condemns the US ambassador to Poland for saying the Nazi-Soviet pact triggered World War Two.
Girl, 10, dies ambulance Nottinghamshire
Police launch investigation into Bulwell crash
Trump sets signing US-China ‘deal’
The US president says he will sign a limited agreement with China on 15 January.
Doctor Strange 2: Benedict Cumberbatch joined characters Marvel sequel
‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ is expected for 2021
Earthshot Prize: William Kate ‘repair Earth’
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge unveil a global prize to tackle climate issues in the next decade.
'Of makes worry': UK's youngest MP Nadia Whittome Parliament
Women’s charities have described the current political landscape as ‘toxic’ and ‘driving women away’. Sophie Gallagher speaks to the ‘Baby of the House’ about exactly exactly what it means for her
The Homeless Fund: Big Issue Londoners kindness moving New Year's
‘I’ll remember the yr for the good things – for the help I’ve received from the Big Issue and the public, who helped me a lot when I was in need’
What links 2019’s protests?
Protests in Hong Kong, Chile and the Middle East all shared an online presence which helped connect the movements.
Cricket 2019: How World Cup, Ashes game's enclaves
From an English perspective, Ben Stokes picked up the gongs for performance and personality, but Jofra Archer came in and thrilled as an thrilling fast with both reddish and white
Parents bizarre advert seeking nanny 18-year-old
‘Meanwhile half her classmates will end up being functioning 2 jobs to survive’
The definitive UK airports named
The Independent has compiled names to rebrand 22 of Britain’s top airports
Best last-minute deals January, Italy Sri Lanka
Pack away from somewhere else in January
Solskjaer Man Utd options
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Mason Greenwood’s development has compensated for the loss of Romelu Lukaku, who was sold to Inter Milan in August.
January 2020: Who move?
With clubs likely to be on the hunt for a bargain or big-money signing, BBC Sport takes a look at players who could move in January.
19 films 2020, Antebellum Marvel's The Eternals
Adam White and Jacob Stolworthy look forward to brand brand new films from Christopher Nolan, Sofia Coppola and Wes Anderson – plus the return of 007
When Greta Thunberg met Sir David Attenborough
The teenage activist and veteran naturalist speak to every other for the 1st time (via Skype).
Fashion trends defined decade, millennial normcore streetwear revival
As 2020 nears, we look back at a couple of of the standout trends from the final 10 years
Trump impeachment has 'greatly increased' chances president's re-election, says Democrats' Gabbard
‘This is going to become a disaster for our country,’ says would-be presidential candidate
Kim Jong-un North Korea's 'new path' weapons New Year
US ignores deadline to relieve pressure on country
Man City & Newcastle – Premier League goals
At the turn of the yr, Liverpool hold a dominant lead in the Premier League, but expected goals paints a various picture.
In Christine Keeler
For the initial time, a brand new TV drama reassesses the woman at the centre of a scandal that exploded at the heart of the British establishment.
How pets New Year's Eve fireworks
‘The sounds trigger their particular own anxious systems and they can become anxious or afraid’
The St Petersburg vegans
Meet the people for whom meatless food is a force for political and social change.
The antisemitic rising slime is Corbynism – is nationalism
By focusing all our attention on preventing hatred from creeping in through the back door, we have allowed it to stride in through the front
Granit Xhaka agrees Hertha Berlin £25m Arsenal – Mikel Arteta has
Midfielder is ready to leave Arsenal in January but Arteta wants to become sure the club has sufficient cover to see away the rest of the season without the Swiss international
10 coats pooch walks
Protect your own canine from the elements and your own home from mud with something useful and stylish
5 ways 2020
Starting 2020 with a financial hangover? You do not need a 2nd job to become much better away this year
Aberdeen guide: Where eat, drink, Granite City
How to consider the ultimate trip
Trump impeachment: Giuliani seeks documents
Lev Parnas accused by Trump lawyer of assisting him in Biden investigation
Scrap ‘quick-fix diets tea-toxes’ New Year
Fad weight loss strategies do not work well and can be harmful, says NHS England’s top doctor.
The 50 dresses ranked, Villanelle's tutu Kate Middleton's
Iconic gowns that have earned their particular place in fashion history
WhatsApp is millions phones
Smartphones running older versions of Android, iOS and Windows phones will no longer support the messaging app
Mallacoota: Where Australia’s bushfires turned
Thousands of people fled to the beach in Mallacoota, Victoria as fires approached the town.
Cats Universal $71m losses disastrous
Hopes maligned musical could replicate slow-burning success of ‘The Greatest Showman’ have furthermore been dashed
January 2020: Best deals Amazon, Boots Currys
It’s one of the biggest bargain-finding months of the season – here’s how to get the top discounts
Commuting dolphins farther ever, experts
But more jet-skiers, kayakers, boat-trippers and drones are alarming dolphins and seals
Tech 2019: Our biggest stories
Social media scandals dominate the list of the most-read news stories by the Tech desk this particular year.
There was women – 2020 has
On 1 January it is customary to wipe the slate clean and move on from the events of the past yr – but that urge must end up being resisted
Auld Lang Syne lyrics: All words New Year's Eve rings 2020
For anyone (most of us) who doesn’t understand more than the 1st 2 lines
Joe Biden nominate Obama Supreme Court 'if he'd it'
Just one US president – William Taft – made transition between top 2 branches of government
Civil partnerships: Mixed-sex told children 'illegitimate'
‘It simply seems so archaic,’ says Rebecca Steinfeld
The 10 cities 2020
Culture, cuisine and one-of-a-kind charm – these destinations have it all
Police admits faking viral McDonald's 'f****** pig'
Story became ‘a nationwide incident’, according to police chief
UK weather: Met Office records hottest December
The UK has recorded it is hottest December day ever.
Parked spins clips Toronto
Both aircraft were unoccupied at the time
The 10 winning projects Evening Standard Home Design Awards
The winners of our Home Design Awards thrilled the expert judges with their own own innovation.
The Witcher mocked Game Thrones Ed Sheeran cameo
Singer-songwriter’s appearance in Game of Thrones caused a huge backlash from fans
Angola orders seizure Isabel dos Santos’ assets
The ex-president’s billionaire daughter has been targeted in an anti-corruption investigation.
Nearly 30 struck outbreak Chinese
Experts suspect link to seafood market, but residents fear return of Sars epidemic that killed hundreds
TikTok banned US Army 'security risks' soldiers
Army previously used Chinese app to recruit younger people
They’ve devastated vast areas from Australia to Brazil. Here, two experts explain how to fight them.
‘Man Moon’ – year’s breakthroughs
The yr of treating the untreatable: 2019 breakthroughs that could transform medicine.
Over years EU – here's UK has Brexit
In both Britain and the rest of Europe, a frank and truthful discussion is needed about exactly exactly what it means to become sovereign in a changing world
Star Wars: The Rise Skywalker JJ Abrams explains Kylo Ren
Famously reticent actor wanted to make sure character had a purpose, filmmaker says
Police 'quilt' made cardboard signs confiscated beggars
Officers accused of ‘taking pride in terrorising the many vulnerable people in society’ as social media post sparks anger
Civil partnerships: First mixed-sex unions taking
‘Were we pondering of the history?’ ask one couple. ‘Not exactly, we were simply concentrating on our vows and making sure we were stood in the appropriate place’
‘I stole Navy’
When Theo Van Eijck was kicked away of a Dutch pilot-training programme in 1964, he stole a plane and flew to Libya.
New Year's Eve: London revellers warned River Thames fireworks
New decade set to become ushered in with mass displays lighting up cities across country
Australia fires: The thousands volunteers flames
The thousands of men and women battling to save homes are unpaid, tired and facing a mammoth task.
10 quotes women defined decade, Greta Thunberg Tarana Burke
There have been rousing words on everything from climate change and equal pay to #MeToo and education
Baghdad embassy attack: Iraqi protesters US gunshots
Donald Trump blamed Iran for ‘orchestrating’ the attack, vowing a strong response
Australia fires: Military deployed
Aircraft and ships will end up being sent to New South Wales and Victoria, as thousands flee to the coast.
Eddie Murphy says jokes 'cringe'
Comedian stopped short of apologising, saying he was ‘a kid’ and the jokes were made ‘in the context of the time’
Inter Milan prepared £25m Chelsea full-back Emerson
Any move for the Italy international is likely to hinge on whether Chelsea are able to provide in a replacement in January
Decade ends Thameslink trains London
London and northern England are worst affected by strikes, staff shortages and power cuts
New Orleans ranked long-haul
The Big Easy beat Singapore, Sydney and Chicago
Prince William unveils multi-million
‘Ours is a world of wonder, every day it reminds us of it is attractiveness. But it also warns us that we can no longer get life as we understand it for granted,’ says Sir David Attenborough
Sydney defends New Year’s fireworks protests
Clover Moore says the city’s celebrations give “hope to people” as bushfires rage.
Picasso £20m attacked Tate Modern
Artwork is being inspected by experts for damage, spokesperson for the gallery said
State schools £1.2m boys rejection schools
‘I am no longer interested in private schools if that is the attitude they’re going to take,’ donor says
Man has five-inch ‘horn’ removed
The British Medical Journal says the man “slipped through the net”.
Citizenship Act protests: Why has gripped Muslims Indian
The Muslim community in Uttar Pradesh is living in fear after a brand new citizenship law came into effect.
Oxford don forced wins
Prof Paul Ewart was unfairly dismissed when he was made to retire aged 69, a tribunal finds.
Danielle Outlaw: Philadelphia appoints
‘We hope that she succeeds because if she doesn’t, it’s going to end up being our lives that are at stake,’ says campaigner
London Eye 20: The changed capital’s skyline
It’s 20 years since the London Eye 1st turned. The BBC tells the story of how it came to end up being created.
Civil partnerships: What are are marriage?
The very 1st mixed-sex civil partnerships in England and Wales have begun to consider place
Cyprus defends courts Briton's
UK Foreign Office expresses ‘serious concern’ about fairness of case
Alex Jones ordered $100,000 Sandy Hook defamation
The Infowars founder has been sued simply by the father of a kid killed in the 2012 US college shooting.
How 2 friends created an online storytelling platform with more than 80 million global users.
New crashes Sicily
The 331-metre-long MSC Grandiosa has been in service since the end of October
Australia NZ fireworks
Sydney follows Auckland simply by welcoming in 2020 with a bang, despite calls for it to cancel it’s display.
Australia wildfires: 'Truly terrifying' shows bushfire envelops firefighters
Crew were forced to shelter in vehicle, fire service says
BBC draws complaints Tory supporters Labour
Boris Johnson’s interview with Andrew Marr prompted the majority of complaints during weeks before 12 December vote
Oxford forced 70th wins ageism
Physicist Paul Ewart aims to return to university to carry away research
Streatham stabbing: Mother pushing buggy attacked 'silent' assailant London
‘The man did not speak as he stabbed the victim three times,’ police say
CCTV shows Turkey
No-one has been reported injured after a tree fell on the street.
Tolerance isn't – divided
Tolerance is intolerance simply by an additional name. We should become fighting for dignity, equality and freedom for all
Australia fires: A bushfires
The level of the nation’s ongoing emergency is terrifying – here’s exactly what fire crews are facing.
Rare shows puffin using – an itch
Oxford professor very first saw unusual sight on remote island in Wales
New Year's Eve 2019 – live: Revellers London decade, Sydney fireworks prompts fury wildfires
Follow the latest updates here
Africa’s pictures 2019
A selection of the best photos from across Africa this particular particular year.
Australia wildfires: Thousands beaches rises
Australians on eastern coast see in brand new yr under blood-red skies as record-breaking bushfires claim more lives
Trump impeachment: The differences president's
Several key factors establish a clear distinction between the two
Greta Thunberg says 'wouldn't wasted time' speaking Trump
US president has previously attacked 16-year-old climate alter activist
I've been Vegetarian – here's I've learnt
“It’s not all pulverised pulses and flatulence,” says Harriet Hall
Snoop Dogg shares throwback Tupac Shakur rapper died
Snoop shared the video on his Instagram with reference to one of the pair’s the majority of popular collaborations
The footballer, Saudi prince proposition
When a Saudi prince told a Mancunian footballer his feelings, the footballer fled the country.
Golf 2019: Tiger Woods' iconic Masters casts glorious
American’s 15th major earn crowned a 12 months complete with iconic victories and fairy tales